· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I would be interested to know how Dr Tim's Pearls work out for you. I have only used the Vertex brand of bio-pellets

Are you still running your algae scrubber ? If you are, I would keep a close eye on your growth as carbon dosing can also effect algae scrubbers
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I would be interested to know how Dr Tim's Pearls work out for you. I have only used the Vertex brand of bio-pellets

Are you still running your algae scrubber ? If you are, I would keep a close eye on your growth as carbon dosing can also effect algae scrubbers
    Yes, still have the scrubber going but not happy with it. The algae scrubber site says for me to double my LED' or combine all the LED's on 1 screen vs 2. Maybe I will do that this weekend.

I will keep make a chart with the nitrate levels and how the new skimmer and pearls work. Hopefully, it does what I want it to do.

I also thought I may be able to mix the pearls in the K1 fluidized sump I had built. They did not specify a certain amount of flow but to keep the media fluidized and in oxygen which is exactly what the K1 Kaldness needs. So far that is working great. I have no nh3 or nitrites.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    Nice one G! Maybe I missed it but do you have a shot of the tanks in the wall? You certainly have given me a few ideas and I may be following your setup sans scrubber as my 150G is exclusively Morays and unneeded. Great Job bud, honestly my hats off to you on this one...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wall not finished. Will finish this summer or fall. Its land speed racing season so all funds are diverted to my build.

The scrubber actually needs more leds.

Thanks for the compliments! I need to clean the glass and post new pics of the sharks, ray, eel, grouper and lion fish.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    First time for everything ...

One of my pumps squealed and woke me up which is amazing since I can sleep through anything. I walk to the living room and notice my huge sump is dry and water on the floor. Turned everything off, cleaned up the mess and been adding ro/di water since then. I burned up one sicce syncra 5 pump bit everything else seems okay. I wont know for sure until everything is back running. As soon as I make enough water I will run the setup in limp mode which is one pump for each tank. What a morning!

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the trouble. What happened to cause this ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I just figured out what happened. The Dr. Tim's reactor water return hose got knocked out and pumped the water on the floor until it ran out of water. Least I hope it was that. I checked the other hoses and all looked good.

I estimate I lost 60+ gallons of water if not more.
    Last edited by glarior; 05-19-2013 at 02:50 PM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My drain system did work!

Here is a pic of an impeller of one pump. The other 3 work but they have some scaring too.

Is there a pump that can switch off if it detects its running dry?
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Ouch

You can get float switches that will cut power to your pump if the water level drops. The below link is just one example of what I am talking about. I’m planning to get two as soon as my budget allows, one for my return pump and one for my skimmer

http://www.marinedepot.com/Ultralife...DPETPU-vi.html

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    update:
    I really need to get lids for the aquarium.... my huge lion fished jumpped out while I was on vacation.

I bought a Korallin Sulphur 4002 reactor and installed it 10 days ago. It has already cycled and I will monitor nitrate reduction. I now know what I did wrong with my last sulphur experiment and plan to build a small reactor for my 120g setup.

Next upgrade is moving away from the four sicce syncra 5 to a ReeFlo Hammerhead/Barracuda Gold Hybrid Pump with a manifold. I will also have a back up of two syncra 5 plugged into the manifold if the external pump failed.

I have been talking with my friend how to finish the wall but I keep changing my mind all the time. I think the best route is to make the wall removable but hide all the screws and lines of the wall. Still not quite sure what route to take.

I added back my 120g tank to the aquarium room which will become the reef tank again. Once I setup the external pump/manifold I will use the other pumps for that tank.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast