· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    That eel is stunning! How long have you had it?

That grouper...is it a Coral Rock Cod? I think I saw these in the Maldives. Gorgeous.
    I have had the eel for least a year... maybe a little longer. I really don't remember lol

Yes, the grouper is also known as the coral rock cod. I know it as a miniatus grouper. Cephalopholis miniatus

I am really liking larger fish then the smaller ones now lol. So cool to watch and feed them.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

0 Not allowed!
    You had me lost talking about the scrubber lol, I don't know the SW stuff that well. But def liking it so far, I love lionfish. Are you done stocking that tank with those 3?
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    You had me lost talking about the scrubber lol, I don't know the SW stuff that well. But def liking it so far, I love lionfish. Are you done stocking that tank with those 3?
    I am waiting for a large gray bamboo shark and a cortez stingray then that is all. I will add some more to the reef tank because it only has a few little fish.

The scrubber is a cool way to keep the algae, phosphates and nitrates out of the system.

0 Not allowed!
    A guy on my local craigslist has a ton of SW stock that he's selling.. too bad your in texas lol
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update:

Tank is running great but I need lids on the tanks. I am losing ~3g of water a day.
    Tank values are doing great. The K1 is converting everything to nitrates and the LR/scrubber are slowly decreasing them.
    The scrubber has one screen with about 70% of coverage and the 2nd screen is starting to grow. I think I will modify the 2nd screen and make it like the first one that is the picture a above this post. I will take pics when I get a chance.

The eel, grouper and lion fish are doing very well. They are by far my favorite group of fish. I really like the bigger fish over the small ones now and honestly, I never thought I would.

I removed the black and white damsel from the reef tank. I did not know until I added a new anthias fish that the damsel was agressive and killed one of the weaker anthias. That and I was re-arranging my rocks and he kept attacking me. I thought everyone got along because none of the other fish ever had any signs being attacked. However, once I removed him the other fish hang out where I can see them! I thought they were human shy because they stayed at the old place for 6 months with very little interaction.

I had to put my flame angel to sleep last night. Something happened and its eye became infected but over a few days he just got worse. Then the fins were missing and I am pretty sure he is blind. I tried to feed him and he could not see the food.

The soft corals I have are growing like crazy.

That is about all for now... I will post up pics and some charts in the next few weeks.

0 Not allowed!
    Any updated pics of the build?
    The Dirty 75
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    Any updated pics of the build?
    I will try to get some pics of the scrubber tonight... its way over due for cleaning.

Land Speed Racing season just started so I have been focusing my time building my motorcycle in attempt to take some long standing records. The tanks have not been messed with because of that.

Still working on a small shark and ray.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure why but my computer wont load AC forum. However, I am trying taptalk for the first time...

Here is the pics of the scrubber. The scrubber forum says I should double the leds and use less screen. Kind of baffled on that.

I'm going to add a sulphur reactor setup to the tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    The "scrubber form guys" are just likely trying to give you suggestions to increase the intensity of the lighting to help the algae become even more effective. In theory, a smaller screen with a lot more intense lighting can remove more nitrates and phosphates out of the water than a larger one with less intense lighting (all other things being equal).

As long as your parameters are good, no need to change a thing
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wish I would have read that before. I can chop up the aluminum and add all 60 leds to the left side screen with a 12 inch PVC slit and powered by a Rio 3100. That would work better then what I have now?

I based mine off feeding and I am feeding a lot! 10 silversides, shrimp, 3 cubes and every other day a small octopus. The silver sides alone come to 50 cubes per day. :-/

The reason to modify or add more filtering is the nitrates are slowly creeping up and I don't like that.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast