· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm going to bookmark that site

If I build a LED a set-up I would need to using something like that as I'm not the best at soldering
    Yea, the solderless makes it so nice/easy. Plus, when you have to wire a whole bunch of them it saves you time! Plus, when you order them you can get different length's of wire. I chose all 4" lengths because at the time I did not know how long I would need.
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Solid set up... I love the controller!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @hockeyhead019

If you want some info on the controller and how to do it send me a PM.

That goes to anyone who wants to know how.

0 Not allowed!
    Please PM me some details about the controller, if you do not mind
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Made some good progress this past Sunday. Re-ran the electrical wire for the aquarium room so it is on its own electrical box at the pole. Ran all the wire for outlets in the tank room. Then I transferred all my coral, live rock and fish to the 240g aquarium. I have not aquascaped any of it yet or even hooked up the lights lol. I will work on that tonight.

It was amazing that the eel could smell the fish added to the tank. He was out looking for a snack!

The tank with everything thrown in it. The corals are on the left half and the LR is on the right
    t1.jpg

This is a heater I had in the old tank... I was removing the wrong and I bumped it and I heard it making bad electrical sounds. It was blown out in two different places! I never knew and glad I had a wire in the tank running to a ground.
    t2.jpg

What is this? I bought him years ago and don't remember.
    t3.jpg

8. Default

0 Not allowed!

9. Default Update with pictures

0 Not allowed!
    This past weekend I was at the fish store and was offered a huge lionfish and miniatus grouper. The grouper was a very hard sell for them since it was very aggressive. They have had the fish for ~6+ months and it would attack anyone putting their finger on the glass and even the fish store employees were scared of it. Naturally, I have always liked the fish. I asked for half price and they said yes so I brought him home along with the lionfish. The LFS people bet that the grouper would be the king of the tank and mess with the eel. However, haha, the eel showed him who is boss. The eel really wanted to eat him and kept testing the grouper to figure out how it could eat him. Thankfully the grouper is 10+" long and stood his ground. This was good learning lesson that I need to buy a much bigger shark.

fish3.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    fish5.jpg
    fish6.jpg
    coral1.jpg

As for the tank setup I started running half of my scrubber last night. I tested the water and the results are below. I will see how everything goes as I add more elements. I do have some brown algae growing but should be taken care of once the scrubber starts to grow algae.

The highly neglected corals are doing pretty good so far. I finally brought them over from the old place and they are doing well so far. The one missing the most is because the old puffer use to eat it. It will take least a year for it to grow back.

PH - 8.3
    Nh3 - 0
    no3- - 10
    po4 - .25
    mg - 125
    ca - 400
    Iodine - check tonight
    stronium - check tonight

The test results prove my sump design is working! So many said it can't be done since no one else uses K1 in SW.... well, there is your answer, nh3 ---> n02- ---> no3

I will keep updating with pictures.

0 Not allowed!
    That eel is stunning! How long have you had it?

That grouper...is it a Coral Rock Cod? I think I saw these in the Maldives. Gorgeous.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast