· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Did I Over Do It

0 Not allowed!
    I was sticking with the the thumb rule of one inch per 1 gallon, and while my tank looks great I wanted to ask you all if I over did it. I currently have the following:

10 Neons
    1 fancy guppy
    6 regular guppies
    2 black mollies
    1 silver molly
    2 swordtails
    1 regular pleco

yesterday added

2 small angelfish
    3 serpae (spell wrong)
    2 bubblegum looking tetras (bout the size of serpae)(dyed 1 pink and 1
    green) (bad idea i know, but my daughter had to have them)
    5 Rummynose

If I overcrowded I have a extra 10 gallon (not set up yet) and 5 gallon that running. all seem to be gettin along well (serpae kick up a lil bit but they keep it amongst one another).
    55 Gallon community tank that is probably a bit overstocked....dont judge me

0 Not allowed!
    None of those fish yesterday should have been added. Angelfish do not get along unless they happen to be a mated pair, they will also eat the neons and the pleco gets over a foot long.

One inch per gallon only applies to small schooling fish that stay small or else a 12" Oscar could go in a 12 gallon tank?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    None of those fish yesterday should have been added. Angelfish do not get along unless they happen to be a mated pair, they will also eat the neons and the pleco gets over a foot long.

One inch per gallon only applies to small schooling fish that stay small or else a 12" Oscar could go in a 12 gallon tank?
    Oh no, not the neons. I had already planned to get rid of the pleco (got it from a friend who was gonna flush it) I just planned to keep it till I could get it to a LPS. Angels will get to stay but I will move the neons and rummies to a different tank. Oscar reference makes sense. I guess I will be setting up a new tank this weekend.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CONE_YAK
    Angels will get to stay but I will move the neons and rummies to a different tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Angelfish do not get along unless they happen to be a mated pair, they will also eat the neons and the pleco gets over a foot long.
    Let me clarify this for you, This means one will kill the other as they mature due to there not being enough territory for the the sub one to get out of the dominant ones territory.

Two is not an option. You can have one angel from here on out OR two now and one dead angel later [If you don't mind some neon munching], Your choice.

Also with a tank full of live bearers [Unless all male] you are going to have massive quantities of fry pretty quickly.

EDIT: I think it's the 55 in the OPs sig andrea.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, got it. Well I will be taking one of the angels back then. In regard to fry, I told them I only wanted males (usually smaller) but I dont know how much I can trust the LPS to get it right. Will keep an eye out for pregnant fish. I may have just found a 125 gallon for a pretty reasonable price so I may have alot more room soon (after cycling of course).

0 Not allowed!
    If you can get another tank you could keep the pleco and move one angel to that tank depending on what you wanted to stock in a larger tank. There really is no point in trying to even have a mated pair unless you want tons of babies to try to get rid of. Angels spawn about every 20 days or so.

People will help you stock here willingly but you have to ask. Do not ask the fish store. Heck, they will sell you whales if they can make a buck.

0 Not allowed!
    Here is how to sex your live bearers to be sure, It's dead easy.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ghlight=sexing

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.