Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76
  1. #71

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    7,668

    Awards Showcase

    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You guys keep on doing an amazing job. I always enjoy your updates.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  2. #72

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Looks great. That cryptocoryne you have isn't parva though. Parva is lower, shorter. Not sure what it is. Wendtii? Becketi?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

    ~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

  3. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    Looks great. That cryptocoryne you have isn't parva though. Parva is lower, shorter. Not sure what it is. Wendtii? Becketi?
    Thanks firefly. I wasn't sure if it was C. parva or not, until I went to the LFS and found they had pots of the same plant labeled as C. parva, next to Anubias nana var. "petite". Whatever it is, I love it, I think it's so freaking cute! I just hope it does well. So far it seems to be doing fine in this tank. I set up an Aqueon Evolve 8 and separated a couple of pots to put in there, and it seems to be a little sad. Brand new tank tho. I'll have to get that journal up on here at some point.

    Thanks to everyone for the kind comments - we are really pleased so far with how this tank is doing. Having a bit of algae issues, so we need to figure out where the imbalance is and correct it, but glad the fish are all doing ok so far. Thinking of adding CO2 at some point, but still in planning stages for that.

    Sabra

  4. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    great looking tank!, I imagine doing something similar on my next build. May I asked where you got that dirt from? I visited the site on the bucket but it's down.

  5. #75

    Cool


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobinkinz
    Thanks firefly. I wasn't sure if it was C. parva or not, until I went to the LFS and found they had pots of the same plant labeled as C. parva, next to Anubias nana var. "petite". Whatever it is, I love it, I think it's so freaking cute! I just hope it does well. So far it seems to be doing fine in this tank. I set up an Aqueon Evolve 8 and separated a couple of pots to put in there, and it seems to be a little sad. Brand new tank tho. I'll have to get that journal up on here at some point.

    Thanks to everyone for the kind comments - we are really pleased so far with how this tank is doing. Having a bit of algae issues, so we need to figure out where the imbalance is and correct it, but glad the fish are all doing ok so far. Thinking of adding CO2 at some point, but still in planning stages for that.

    Sabra
    It's definitely a cryptocoryne. It could be parva but doesn't look like what I have or what's in my books. Either way it's gonna look brilliant when it grows in. I'll keenly follow this tank's progress.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

    ~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

  6. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope
    great looking tank!, I imagine doing something similar on my next build. May I asked where you got that dirt from? I visited the site on the bucket but it's down.
    We got the substrate from aquariumplants.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •