· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes a person "should" know what they are doing but usally if they dont they will say stuff cause working at petsmart I guess give you street cred.. lol

A guy that works at petsmart told me last week he keeps fancy goldfish with his oscars in a 40 gallon.. i didnt mention anything and then he said usally it is a bad to keep them together but i have worked her so long i figured how to make both happy.. i nodded.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Oops Angelfish! Sorry, My bad I usually do notice the gender thing, Really. Just making sure you sent the message you intended. :-D

I am perfectly calm. You can tell because I don't post with multiple exclamation marks, You should try it sometime.

IMO "I don't know" would be a perfectly acceptable answer but many of them don't even know how little they know. Again, not knocking them just pointing out to you that 'fish care info' is not a large part of their training and if you go in there expecting expertise you should not be surprised when you are let down.

Disagree all you want but what 'should' happen at LFS has no bearing on the reality of the experience and the fact is that the more you know going in the less likely you are to make a bad decision based on some other persons ignorance.

BTW - Do you also expect the cashier at the grocery store to know all the nutritional values [Fat, Carbs, Cholesterol], Serving sizes and suggestions, Gluten, Caffeine, Sugar, MSG, and Fiber content of the food they carry?

In the end: If you rely on the clerks for info you didn't bother to research, It's you [And your fish] that pay the consequences. not them.

Facts are not rude or nice, They are simply facts,

we posted at same time, its cool and Amber has been giving me heck since then,,, she loves it... I told you angelfish was a girls name, haha

Default I probably would have laughed at him - I wouldn't be able to help it.

0 Not allowed!
    You sir... Are very diplomatic.

GF and OscarS [Plural] in a 40G.... What a tard. I can only hope that they are juvies and he learns better quick.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Fact: Fish store people should know what they are talking about, and some do, but the majority don't.
    Fact: We are fish keepers and obsessed with everything fish, we are not trying to sell you anything, but are trying to help you save your fish.
    Fact: We know what we are talking about.
    Fact: Your tank is not suitable for the fish you have.
    Fact: Your tank is not cycled and needs to be in order for any fish to survive.
    Fact: Tropical fish need a heater unless you can keep the water at a constant 77-78F without one.
    Fact: These are good links for you to read. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Fact: You should return the fish, read the thread on cycling without fish, then after the tank is fully cycled, buy fish suitable for your tank.
    Fact: If you choose to ignore our advice and argue that fish store employees know better than we do, you and your fish are in for a hard lesson.
    Fact: Obviously you have never seen 850 act rude if you think his posts here are rude.
    Last edited by mommy1; 11-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.