· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Parasite

1. Default Parasite

0 Not allowed!
    I came home from work today, to a fish tank with garlic in it. My GF believes that one of our new fish has an intestinal parasite. She even drew me a picture to see if it is and I have no idea. I also asked her why garlic and she tells me that the LFS here (one of many that we go to) said to put garlic in the tank LOL. It seems strange to me but anyway I'll post a pic of her drawing and also the food list :

hikari gold
    hikari bloodworms
    hikari spirulina and mysis shrimp

and the waste looks like this.... lol the beige colour on there is supposed to represent clear waste
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    There's nothing wrong with treating fish for internal worms as a precaution and PraziPro is very good for that. Every fish I have gets treated. I have read that garlic helps prevent worms but will not kill existing worms so I make sure they are cleaned out of worms first. I also want the worms gone now, not later.

I soak pellets in garlic juice, let it dry and then feed to the fish. They don't seem too nuts about it unless I dry it first.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ah thanks Hobbs!

Do you know if I can soak the food in PraziPro?, the only instructions is for a bath type treatment.

Awards Showcase

Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 
    Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer Nice to see you around again. enjoy the pie - fishmommie Thanks! :) I try! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    You just put the Prazipro in the water column of the tank, the fish don't need to eat it. If you put it in by the water going back into the tank from the filter it mixes in quicker. I've used it several times for my wild caught fish and it works great and is not harmful to the fish.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.