· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Should be interesting to see what happens to my tanks' cycle. Never cycled a tank during a powerout, if it happens.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Got $110.00 in fuel for the generators (stored outside! ) - and both generators are already full - should last four to five days; hopefully, will need none of it ... . The forcecast is looking worst for the East Coast and currently, the storm center is gonna past exactly over me (not as bad as if it passed South of me ... .) of course, the forecasters are never correct except to within a 100 miles or so. Hope it passes further North of my position!

OK, maybe not - that'd be more snow for people up in New England. Darn, can't wish that on them, either.

Just make the last repair on the roof tomorrow and change out the aquarium water and should be ready!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i am a storm a phobe, i HATE storms, i mean i am a girl when it comes to them... i wish they didnt have them, I think us(NC) is only gettin some rain and then snow.. idk

4. Default On Another Note!!! Storm

0 Not allowed!
    You folks back east take care this storm is going to be a monister. I know how it can be I just came here from Eastern North Carolina. Everyone stay dry and take all the necessary steps to keep you and yours safe (including maybe a battery air pump if you don't have a generator ). These storms are nothing to play with trust me I Know. Take care.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm preparing the best I can. It looks like NJ is at the heart of every landfall prediction, but I'm fortunate to not be right on the coast. I'm still hoping we wake up tomorrow and the storm has turned the other way! I got a small generator that we used to use at the track, if I need to power up my sump pump. Also picked up 2 more small battery back up power supplies, along with another I won at a recent auction. These can run my air pump that powers 10 sponge filters and a couple of other small HOB's. Also grabbed a plug in 12v to 120v invertor for the car. A few more odds n ends to take care of tomorrow and then hope for the best. Tomorrow I will be doing massive water changes and not feeding any of my tanks. I will also drop the water level a bit in case I have to manually aerate, as this will help with oxygen exchange.
    11 tanks, 5.5g up to 125g(2). Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Tangs, wild caught to tank raised!

0 Not allowed!
    Good thinking and I too hope the darned thing moves farther off shore and doesn't reach land. Good luck to you and everyone. Hope you don't lose your power but sounds as you've prepared for it.

0 Not allowed!
    I live right on the coast of nc, and I've been through many storms even in my short time on earth. I must say that given all the hype, and even for being on the outskirts of the point where the storm is predicted to make landfall, this storm is pretty wimpy. I'm not saying don't take it seriously, because it could still sit here for 3 days, but I have a feeling things will be alright. The squalls are usually a good way of measuring intensity and they are at the level of a mediocre nor' Easter.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yay, WGAL says that my area can expect flooding and downed trees starting tonight. The wind advisory is already up. I know the power loss and the flooding will happen in a few choice areas that it always does around here and last year my work became like an island and i was marooned there. Hopefully it will flood on the stream that matters for me before 9:30am tomorrow so that as i head to work like a crazy person in 40mph sustained winds that my car cant handle i can hit the flood right at the intersection of the only two ways to get to work and be able to call in and say im on the right side of the flood this time! :D

Its really horrible to get marooned at work during floods. Im afraid of storms and floods and was having a mental breakdown last september from that tropical storm but couldnt go home because literally all of the roads out were closed. But nooooo we stayed open, because Taco Bell is insane and closes for nothing.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    If power goes out, even Taco Bell will be closing.

The flooding is the real problem. The power companies won't work on power lines standing in two feet of water and it makes clean up so much harder, much longer and effects more people.