· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Help Me Sort This Out Please

0 Not allowed!
    Currently I have a 55 and IMO it's overstocked I have two Aquatech 30-60s running in it and I also have a 30 gal tank that I need to stock to somewhat balance this one out. In the 55 I have a 5 in Male Convict 2 3 in Female Convicts a 4 in Blood Parrot 5 in Salvini 3 in Firemouth 1 in RTS 1 in Spotted Pleco and a 3 in Featherfin Catfish. I took some of the fish on as a gift and they grew up in The tank now it's time to rehome some or distribute them between the 30 I was thinking put the Male Con who is the most aggressive in the 30 with the 2 Females start some breeding and feed the babies to the older fish but idk if the male will breed with the females or kill them plus I would add the Spotted Pleco with the Cons and leave the rest what would you do in this situation?? Any advice would be nice, Thanks in advance

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would just move the breeding cons into the 30. Don't ever put anything else in a tank that small with breeding cons. Leave one female con in the 55.

Is the salvini and firemouth male?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The Salvini is a Male and the Firemouth I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm thinking female there was never any aggression in the tank the Male Con chased the others away but hasn't torn any fins or scales

0 Not allowed!
    I'd also move the con to the 30 gallon but I'd get rid of the females....You do not need aggressive breeding cons and hundreds of babies they can't find homes for.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I planned on breeding the Cons in the 30 and feeding the fry to the older fish, saves money on Food sometimes and my LFS said they would take some also and sell them as feeders so for the most part the fry have homes I was just seeing if that was the best decision with the tanks and fish I ha d currently

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok then maybe give one of the female`s away, BUT would also ask around to find some one else to take the fry as one LFS will more than likely not beable to take them all.
    Don`t call then rabbits of the fish world for nothing.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lol thank you I appreciate the help and one more question, the Two Females that I put in with the Male seem to be lip locking, I know they are both 100% females the Pink Con has a whole lot of Orange on the side and the Black Female is chunky with Orange on the side two but as soon as I moved the 3, he just sat there the two females waited then started lip locking, are they fighting for him or just dominance??

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    New tank means they are fighting for territories