· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephalem
    We have a new ropefish too, but haven't thought of a name for him yet. Hes a nice emerald green color, but i want to stick to the shape theme. dunno yet. Maybe some name of the green spectrum of light? Still working on it.
    Cool, a ropefish. My LFS has some good size ones right now, unfortunately the big tank isn't cycled. I'd love to have one.

Our peacock eel's name is Ally McEel

Our Red Tailed Shark is Jaws (typical, I know)

We have 5 loaches that we named after politicians because they're bottom feeders.
    Livestreaming my 220 Gallon Aquarium
    5.5 M Betta
    10 Pea Puffers
    20 Harlequins, Neons, Platies, Guppies, Cories, Nerite Snails
    55 Silver Dollars, Pearl Gourami, Hillstream Loach, Mollies, Serpae Tetras, African Dwarf Frog, Leopard Bush Fish, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Chocolate Talking Cat, Banjo Cat
    55 Red, Blue, Boesemani Rainbows, Zebra Dainos, Zebra Loaches, Platies, Moonlight Gourami, Bristlenose Pleco
    35 Red Tailed Shark, Amazon Puffers
    220 Black Skirt, Lemon Tetras and Bala Sharks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Fish
    We have 5 loaches that we named after politicians because they're bottom feeders.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    The wife named the saltwater fish years ago but they were more like cats and dogs to us.

0 Not allowed!
    I never name fish.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't name fish either. There are too many to keep track of and many of them look the same.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We named our first 2 mollies Ernie and Bert (we have a daughter who's almost 3). Then we got a platy, Zoe, and a cory, Spot, and 5 neon tetras. Spot died, and we didn't name any of the tetras because they all looked the same. 4 of the tetras died, but we still call the remaining one "the tetra." Lastly, we got 2 creamsicle mollies and didn't name them because we can't tell them apart. And Ernie turned out to be female. I just like naming things.
    15 gal: 1 butt-ton Malaysian trumpet snails.
    20 gal: 20+ various molly and platy fry.
    55 gal: 40 neon tetras.
    75 gal: 2 Taiwan reef cichlids, 3 pelmatochromis nigrofasciatus juveniles.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My daughter named our nerite snails Hiddy, Hidda and Hina, she is 5, none of the corys have name. Will call my betta Oscar though, when I get one :-).

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, we didnt name them before, but we do now since we have had the 55g. The rainbows are old girl, big guy, not so big guy and lady. The guppies are buddy, mr. Tuxedo, jousy, nipfin, and tangerine. The black skirts....we have a group name for all the females and one for the males. The snails are derek and I cant remember the other one.

My four year old daughter names a lot of them. But I name some too. I am not eight. I am 33, and pretty self actualized at that. Perhaps I am crazy, but not immature!

0 Not allowed!
    I don't name anything that won't come to me when I call them.