· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Rainbow Shark Roomate ?

0 Not allowed!
    What if any smaller type of schooling fish would be suitable for a loner Rainbow Shark ? There has to be something that can be with it . Please help!!!!! If there is something that can be housed with it they will be in a 55 gallon planted tank . Lady Hobbs do you have any suggestions , how about you 850R . I try to listen to you both , so help me out. I really want to give him or her some company , and I am ready to put them in a larger tank if I need to . If 55 is not big enough I CAN build one large enough .
    Last edited by eltylT; 10-24-2012 at 03:47 AM.
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

0 Not allowed!
    Need to know your tank size first. Rainbow sharks are not for small tanks.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A 55 gallon at the moment. You said 20 gallon wasn't big enough for it by itself so how about the 55 ? And how about a neighbor? Any ADVICE is appreciated . Thank you for that QUICK reply . You must have watched me edit whille I was typing LOL

0 Not allowed!
    I know you asked specificly for Hobbs or 850 but if you don't mind my two cents; you could put Tigers Barbs or Rosy Barbs in with them. Giant Danios make good dither fish and don't intrude into the Rainbows territory. There are also some of the bigger Rasboras like scissors-tail, clown and elegant that would make good tank mates. All are good schooling fish.

Like I said; just my two cents. Have fun stocking your tank.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL I'd too busy watching my own CONSTANT edits.

I think one will be OK in a 55 but they can be aggressive little snots, too. I don't think you want little, small fish with them or fish that like to hang near the bottom of the tank. You can only have one of them. What ya thinking of putting in with him?

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with what steeler just wrote, too.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm only gonna' have the 1 Shark , THEY will be in a 55 when they get bigger . I would like to go with Blackskirt Tetras if you All think it could be OK . Thank you steeler1 for your input , It is always appreciated and WELCOMED .Do you know or had any exp. with the Roseline Shark . I just read a thread about them an I don't know them .

0 Not allowed!
    You can only have one rainbow. You can't keep two together.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    aggressive little snots,
    Sorry, but every time you say something like that Hobbsy, it makes me laugh!

I agree with Hobbsy and Steeler. I'm a fan of the Black Skirts, but in my opinion, they're not really the type of fish that belong in a tank with a shark in it. Apparently they can be a little nippy at times, but i found the Black Skirts that I had to be very peaceful, and I feel that they could become an easy target for the shark if he starts any trouble.

I would go for something like Steeler has suggested. Tiger Barbs would be my choice.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    Roseline Sharks or Barbs are similer shaped to the Rainbow shark and from experiance the RS will be aggesive to anything of similer shape to them. they are also closer related than people realize. Some experts would like to clasify them in the Labeo familey instead of Barb.