I recently added 5 white cloud minnows to my goldfish tank. (it's a big tank but still too small for full grown goldfish, before anyone asks when they get bigger they are going to a friend with a pond and I won't get more. I didn't know they needed a massive tank when I got them) and after hours of searching on the internet everybody seems to have a different opinion about weather or not they will be alright with my goldfish. As far as I can tell it's different from fish to fish, some will eat them all in a day or two, others will live happily...
Anyway, my question is if the goldfish hasn't eaten any after a few weeks is it likely that he will eat them later? If it's a problem I can move them into my old goldfish tank (the one I got before I knew they needed a waaay bigger one) but if they are ok together I would like to add a few more.

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated, I'm super new to this but want to surprise my husband with more minnows (the tank is his thing really) but don't want to stuff it up and have everything eaten!