· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default A suggestion from newbie to newbies

0 Not allowed!
    Get a bottle of API Stress Coat + (around 10 bucks) and 4-5 one gallon water jugs (about a 1.25 each). This combo will make the cycling process very simple! You will know exactly how much of the API product to put into each jug and how much water you are swapping every time, additionally, water changes will be cost effective as the API product converts tap water into ideal water for your fish. My fish were getting a little droopy, but frequent and well planned water changes have reinvigorated them.
    20 Gallon Planted Aquarium
    5 Zebra Danios
    3 Golden Zebra Danios
    1 Flame Gourami [Dwarf]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I used Prime and an Aqueon water changer. I don't mess around with buckets.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use 'Prime' & 'Stability' by Seachem. They're great. I was never told to cycle my tank when I set it up, just to put these chemicals in there.

I later learned about the cycling process (2months later!) and got an expert to come look at my tank and it has cycled already just with these couple of chemicals! I also have had fish in there the whole time and they have been absolutley fine.

Go Seachem!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wee-bey
    Get a bottle of API Stress Coat + (around 10 bucks) and 4-5 one gallon water jugs (about a 1.25 each). This combo will make the cycling process very simple! You will know exactly how much of the API product to put into each jug and how much water you are swapping every time, additionally, water changes will be cost effective as the API product converts tap water into ideal water for your fish. My fish were getting a little droopy, but frequent and well planned water changes have reinvigorated them.
    It's a lot easier to just take out enough water until it looks like half the water is gone and then put enough water conditioner in for the whole tank, then refill.

Also, +1 with Prime - it takes a lot less of it (1 capful for 50gal) than API Stress Coat to do the same thing so it's more cost effective.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in