· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Water Changes = Instant Happiness

0 Not allowed!
    A few of my danios had been lingering near the bottom of my tank and I decided it was time for a solid 25 percent water change. Went to my nearest pet shop and bought a small bottle of API stress coat de-chlorinator. I have a bunch of old water gallon jugs laying around from previous water changes, so I used these to hold and store the tap as they were neutralized. My danios perked up almost instantly, though I cant be sure if this change will last. Hoping that the droopy ones eat enthusiastically next feeding session. My gourami, rather surprisingly, is the most active fish and most voracious eater in the tank.
    20 Gallon Planted Aquarium
    5 Zebra Danios
    3 Golden Zebra Danios
    1 Flame Gourami [Dwarf]

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a liquid test kit? If not, Get one and use it.

25% is about half a WC IMO - Especially considering the state your danios were in.

I encourage you to do 50% weekly for the next 2 months and see how they go.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Good news! You don't have to pre teat the water. Just dose the tank first with the require dechlorinater, then add the chlorinated tap water. I never knew this until reading it here - water jugs are not required at all - unless you need to transport the water.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    Good news! You don't have to pre teat the water. Just dose the tank first with the require dechlorinater, then add the chlorinated tap water. I never knew this until reading it here - water jugs are not required at all - unless you need to transport the water.
    Is that when using the recommended dosage or double?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Personal preference.

I normally double dose on prime b/c it feels weird to add so little of it...but it is concentrated and will work as directed.
    to each their own

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzoutank
    Personal preference.

I normally double dose on prime b/c it feels weird to add so little of it...but it is concentrated and will work as directed.
    to each their own
    I guess it's better safe than sorry when adding tap water first.

0 Not allowed!
    I usually do well over 50% weekly water changes, closer to 75% or more most weeks. I will use prime and dose enough for the whole tank just before adding the replacement water back in.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Do you have a liquid test kit? If not, Get one and use it.

25% is about half a WC IMO - Especially considering the state your danios were in.

I encourage you to do 50% weekly for the next 2 months and see how they go.
    +1 yeppers

0 Not allowed!
    A "solid" 25%. LOL I have never done a 25%. 50-75% weekly, tho.

You need not leave water sitting around. Dechorinator works instantly. Drain water, add enough dechlorinator for the whole tank and fill it back up with the same temp you removed.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd like to point out that by 75% weekly water changes, they don't mean 75% at once. Maybe spread it out between 2 weekly wc, or even 3. This is something that helps alot with people that have multiple tank syndrome like yours truly.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.