· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default snail 911 help maybe??

0 Not allowed!
    i dont know if mystery snails mate, i thought all snails were A-sexual, this is the photo, i touched them they broke and one kind floated mid air, they finally sunk and are doing it again. does it want its shell, one seems to be invading the other why the other is crawling away, as i write this Amber(gf) had to break them up again.. I dont know if i am reading to much but it doesnt look like a mutual thing lol??

0 Not allowed!
    It is a perfectly natural thing. They are mating. I doubt they are pleased that you keep interrupting them.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher
    It is a perfectly natural thing. They are mating. I doubt they are pleased that you keep interrupting them.

haha, well i guess i have always had males, this 100% new to me guess i gotta tell em sorry

wait, will my fish eat the babies, dear lord i dont want 100s of them

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    mystery snails lay a clutch of eggs (a large lumpy mass) somewhere in a humid but above-the-waterline spot. If you don't want them reproducing, simply remove the clutch when you find it.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thank you both very mutch, i was tabbed over looking at info and havnt that yet, so question solved

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    new question, once in a while one just floats to surface, i keep pushing it back down, then it finally takes cling of somthing, does its snail thing then hour later it floats up again, i dont know exactly which one the female is but i have a good ideal it is the one i am talking about.. Amonia is .50ppm

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Holy crap, do a massive water change NOW. Like, over 50%

Why do you have ammonia? Where are you at in your cycle?

Never let the ammonia above .25ppm.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have today it is not effecting nothing else, i have 2 snails and a pleco, do about 40 each day... i am not concerned with amonia at moment, I mean i am .50 was before the water change, sorry.. it raises up to .50 everyday before water change. then goes down to almost 0. I am really concerned about snail, it happens everytime they mate

EDIT.. he is floating again... pushed him down and he is moving

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WTF.. so we left my room for a bit, came back and she was on her side, i was gonna discard since it looked dead, my gf said na give it some time, that was about 30 minutes ago, so I am getting ready for bed and it comes out of its shell, flips itself and is now halfway up the tank glass, anybody got any expierance with this, I think i am gonna name it Lazarous

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You really shouldn't have to do water changes that frequently to keep your ammonia under control. Read up on cycling your tank. But about the snails, mine did that from time to time too before I got the water quality down. They can actually control their buoyancy and will try to "float down stream" when conditions aren't right. So check your water and get back to us.