· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default 2nd school or bump up my tetras

0 Not allowed!
    40breeder=45gallons
    14 silver tip tetras
    7 spotted cory's (prob get another as I dont like odd#'s. lol)
    1 EBR
    1 rupper lip pleco
    2 male swordtails

So playing around with aqadvisor on what could work for another school, i've found that in order to get an appropriate school, I should get neon tetras or black neon tetras?

Smart idea? or increase the silvertip tetras?

side note: 2 Marineland Penguin 200 HOB's
    heavily planted
    pwc 2x week at 50%

0 Not allowed!
    Neons or cardinals would be nice but not sure how they'd like swordtails in a tank with them. Neons and cardinals are shy fish and will stay hidden at the bottom with larger fish with them.

You might prefer another larger tetra.....Columbians are nice with a splash of red for color for the tank. A group of rummynose may be another option.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good point with the swords and neons.
    My swords are very active, so that probably wouldn't help out the neons.

I don't believe my lfs has the rummynose, but the colombian's look pretty cool!
    I'll be swinging by the lfs to see what their stock is.

what is the target amount you think I can get..8-10?

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that number sounds fine. Much better choice with those swords.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Ck out Lemon Tetras if they have them they are a nice contrast fish. I also like your Idea of Black Neons they are underated as a contrast fish.

If your like me you'll have changed your mind at least a dozen times before you get to LFS.

Getting off subject a bit, congrats to the St Louis Cardinals on beating the Nationals and advancing to the NLDS. I'm also very happy they beat the Giants last night. If your not a sports fan than I apologize.
    Last edited by steeler58; 10-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    I would increase the number of silver tips and cories vs. adding another species.

I just added some harlequin rasboras to my 46 BF neon tetra and cory tank, and I just dont like how the schools mix. It's a personal choice thing, but one school of mid level swimmers looked much better to me. I'm 99% sure the rasboras will end up getting a demotion to my QT until I can give them away.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1
    Ck out Lemon Tetras if they have them they are a nice contrast fish. I also like your Idea of Black Neons they are underated as a contrast fish.

If your like me you'll have changed your mind at least a dozen times before you get to LFS.

Getting off subject a bit, congrats to the St Louis Cardinals on beating the Nationals and advancing to the NLDS. I'm also very happy they beat the Giants last night. If your not a sports fan than I apologize.

I'll take a look at what is in stock and write down what interests me. Won't buy anything tonight-there is no rush for this :)
    but I agree, i'm constantly changing my mind on which fish. lol

Thanks for the Cards-its good for the state...but sadly i'm the opposite and am a royals fan. Always next year (been saying that since the 80's...haha)

FPF77:
    I do tend to agree with the school increase.
    However, I would consider doing 10 for my cory's. but it is all based on the footprint of the tank, and the 40b's offer a wide print to get up to 10 cory's. but I wouldn't do anymore b/c of the amount I have planted/wood to give them sufficient space.

Back to the tetra's. 14 is a nice school of them, I could go more but i'm open to adding another for some color contrast and make the tank a bit more lively. so just seeing what is out there and peoples thoughts on it. I will either up the Silvertips, or get another school-either way i'd like to fill in the tank a bit more.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Check out Rosy Tetra's if they have them also.

Although I've never been a Royal fan I was a huge George Brett fan, even copied my batting stance after him and passed it on to my boys.

10. Default List of Fish!

0 Not allowed!
    bad news first. after coming home from lfs....my EBR is dead. he had a little bloated stomach last night, but I figured it was b/c he ate to much. Sometimes he'll just chow down on the sinking wafters I give to my cory's...so I assumed it was overeating. guess not? idk ugh. I've heard that some just die after about 5/6 months (which is how long i've had him) randomly??

but here is the list (plus new centerpiece?)
    Orange von rio Tetra
    Serpae Tetra
    Head and Tail light tetra
    Bloodfin Tetra
    Ballon red eye tetra
    Pristella Tetra
    Diamond Tetra
    Bosemani Rainbow
    Bleeding Heart Tetra
    Cherry Barb
    Gold Barb
    Scissortail Rasbora
    Colombia Tetra
    Marble Hatchet

New Centerpiece?
    Festivum
    Ruby Clown Cichlid
    Firemouth Cichlid

Those are the only I saw that I could reference as somewhat acceptable?