· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clown pleco

Default Clown pleco

0 Not allowed!
    I have been looking to get some more plecos to for my 65 gallon after i add plants to it, and have found that the clown pleco seems to be one of my best options. I would be getting just 1, as i already have an L-187 in the tank. The decorations are ALL natural driftwood(some Malaysian, some I found in the Albemarle sound). The tank is 65 gallons and is inhabited by a gold severum. Filtration is an AC70 and Cascade 300. Do you guys have any experience to share about clown plecos? Also are there any other smaller species of pleco you guys would recommend?

EDIT: forgot to mention; my favorite breed of pleco is the L-200. Does anyone have experience with these? I know they're expensive.
    Last edited by Northerly; 10-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Clowns are awesome, easy to keep, feel free to get 3 for your 65G

They love potato, courgette, aubergine etc
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They also hide really well, and stay fat even though they only eat the driftwood in the tank. I had one that would disappear for a year at a time if I did not lift everything up in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    3? sounds like this is about to get extremely out of hand:p Could i substitute the other 2 for 2 different types of similarly sized pleco?

0 Not allowed!
    You ninja'd me rocksor! lol. Anyways, yeah i had read about them being primarily driftwood eaters and had worried about them disappearing.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Yup you could mix and match I used to have a L262, same size range as clowns

0 Not allowed!
    I love the looks of the l-262! might be purchasing one of those and a clown pleco in the near future:)

EDIT: does anyone know of a reputable online dealer of plecos? Aquabid is an option i suppose.
    Last edited by Northerly; 10-19-2012 at 03:12 AM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I recently purchased an Emperor Pleco. Have had him a little over a month now. He was quite reclusive at first but is making his presence known more now. Gorgeous fish

Just happened to get lucky and my LFS had him - said they rarely see them available locally.

I also have a baby albino bristle nose in my 30 that is just the coolest fish. He's very visible and very active

Have fun figuring out which way to go.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    That emperor looks awesome!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome emperor fishmommie!