· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: GBRs & Apistos?

Hybrid View

Default GBRs & Apistos?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys,

I'm in the process of populating my 75gal freshwater community tank. I currently have 9 Serpae tetras, 9 Black phantom tetras, 3 Golden Wonders and my next additions will be GBRs and a Blue Paradise Fish.

However, in addition to the GBRs, I was wondering if I could also add Apistos to the tank, as well? I know these species typically should be set up with Harems, so 1 M to 2 F GBRs. My tank is pretty heavily planted with 2 rock caves, with rock extensions and a large piece of mopani driftwood (you can see it in my journal, if you want). Do you think this setup would be ok with a harem of Apistos or even Bolivian Rams, as well?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool stocklist, i usually stock rams in pairs cuz if they pair off they're gonna gang up on the single one, and your tank seems big enough to support two established pairs of dwarf cichlids although there could be trouble when spawning occurs lol

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyAteMyDog
    cool stocklist, i usually stock rams in pairs cuz if they pair off they're gonna gang up on the single one, and your tank seems big enough to support two established pairs of dwarf cichlids although there could be trouble when spawning occurs lol
    Ahh, ok. Good to know. =] Thanks Guppy. So, 2 GBRs and a harem of Apistos? Or do they break off into pairs, as well?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    most dwarf s.a. cichlids breed in pairs, at least to my knowledge your probably thinking of african mouthbrooding cichlids they are stocked in harems of up to 6 females per male according to species

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyAteMyDog
    most dwarf s.a. cichlids breed in pairs, at least to my knowledge your probably thinking of african mouthbrooding cichlids they are stocked in harems of up to 6 females per male according to species
    Ok, got it. Thanks again, you've been a big help. That cuts down on my stock, too, so more breathing room for everyone.