· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question HOB vs. Fluval 106 vs Fluval 206 20gal long planted

0 Not allowed!
    One more thing on my mind recently. Reconsidering my filtration at least on my 20gal long (also have a 20gal tall and 10 gal). I never had much success with plants. Invested in my first Marineland T5 (x2) lamp. I am also considering upgrading the filtration. Is it worth the investment for med-low light plants? And for that the tank(s) in general?

I am still learning as I go and want to be ready for when, someday, I get the 55gal+ tank I want. I love this 20gal long...

I read so much and I know most answers/articles are user specific...

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

Arrow I think canisters are totally worth it.

0 Not allowed!
    I have not owned a 106 but I do have a 206 on a 20 long, I have no complaints .
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Should I worry about the number of chambers it has? Not sure how many media types I would need to make it worth the $$$

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

0 Not allowed!
    No [?] & I am not sure...

Lol, I really don't know how to answer either of those questions.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    The more bio-media the better. I would always recommend the largest filter that is still practical for your tank and nothing but sponges and bio-media in the filter
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i have used cannisters on 20g before but IMO, i would use a HOB, i think the pengiun 350 has enough space to add some io balls, not sure, i know my EMP 400 does and has 3 on each side at moment