· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default People With Tanks In their Bedrooms

0 Not allowed!
    Does your tank act like a heater or is it just me? I dont remember my 55g and my 40g heating up my room like my 110g is and its kind of annoying. all i have is a AC110 Fluval X5 a 400W heater (which i most likely wont use or will turn it down once i get fish because i have it at 82 and the tank is between 86-88 degrees) and a T5 light fixture plugged into the wall. Whats some way to cool this down? i dont have a screen on my window and i know opening the window will solve it but yea i dont leave it wide open all night.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    How long do you leave the lights on? Turn the lights off earlier so the water can cool down. And turn the heater down. It should not have to be more than 77-78.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    How long do you leave the lights on? Turn the lights off earlier so the water can cool down. And turn the heater down. It should not have to be more than 77-78.
    The tanks cycling so that's why I had it programmed to 82 and the light is never on because there is no reason to har it on. The tank is heating my room not the other way lol it's kinda hard to sleep at night because of this.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Same for me XD in both of my bedrooms my small 10 gallons make quite a bit of difference in temperature. Even if there isn't really change of more then a few degrees to me a tank in a room makes it feel hotter. Maybe it's something psychological but I definitely notice a difference from my rooms and the rest of the house.

0 Not allowed!
    What's wrong with a warm room? I loved it. :) I hardly ever had to use my heater after I got tanks.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Depending on how your heating is set up, it may be efficient to turn down your thermostat at night as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBlak
    The tank is heating my room not the other way lol it's kinda hard to sleep at night because of this.
    I know this. It will cycle at 78.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wish this were the case for me. We live in a drafty old farmhouse and I am always fighting to keep the house warm, especially our bedroom. Granted we do only have 1x40g 1x30g 1x15g 1x10g and 1x5g in our bedroom. Maybe if it gets cold this winter I will move some stuff out of the room so I can slide my 120g into my room instead of having it in the hallway outside the room.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx
    What's wrong with a warm room? I loved it. :) I hardly ever had to use my heater after I got tanks.
    Nothings wrong with a warm room a hot room is the problem i dont have a cool side of the pillow lol

0 Not allowed!
    My entire breeding setup and my shelly tank are in my room, but I use LEDs on my 55 and fry tank, and small fixtures on the other two. It does get pretty toasty with the door closed and fan off but not too much. Is 110gals 6 feet? Could be the fixture. I'd suggest some sort of fan on the lights, and a fan at your door just to circulate the heat out.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.