· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Aquaclears change name

0 Not allowed!
    I was at petsmart yesterday browsing around and I noticed that the Aquaclear filters are no longer labeled Aquaclears. They are now labeled Fluval 20, 30, etc. Interesting as right next to them was the Fluval C series. Could get confusing to some new hobbyists. I wonder why the name change? In the upper left corner of the box they show the old filter picture. Anyone else see them yet?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen it. The company Hagen probably doesn't want any confusion that the AC is from another company.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm confused by your post as I haven't seen this change and have searched for this change. Would you be able to find a link?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed the same thing last weekend. But the ones I saw said Fluval and Aquaclear on the box. The Fluval name was bigger though.

0 Not allowed!
    Strange. Hagen makes both Fluval and Aqua Clears so not sure why they would call the AC now Fluvals. Confusing.

Are you sure you were not looking at the Fluval C series?
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 09-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I saw this too at petsmart. I bought old boxes because I went to turn in my upcs to get some free foam (I bought the ac30 ones that I use for intake covers.).

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I seen it too at Petsmart. When I bought my Fluval C4 in July it was on sale for 32 bucks from 54 bucks and Aquaclear was on sale for 37 bucks from 62 bucks as well when I bought my AC70 August. This was a small box type store(Pet supplies plus) with very limited stock for the AC and Fluval HOB filters. Now that I seen the new packaging and AC doing their promotion for filter media it makes sense to me.

0 Not allowed!
    Just can't leave well enough alone, can they? LOL!
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've noticed this also (work at Petsmart). My theory is that they are beginning to phase out the Aquaclear name. Probably because it is a very generic brand name and sounds too much like Aqua-Tech (the ones you can buy at Walmart). Most people recognize Fluval as one of the nicest brands in fish products, I think not as many recognize Aquaclear.

Awards Showcase

Wishing You the Very Best for the New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year - Celtic Fins Happy new year! - Brookfish happy new year! - The Red Severum All Sailors love coffee - jbeining75 
    Sailor - Brookfish cheers bud! - Crispy Happy Birthday bud! - Brookfish thanks for the rep! - Lab_Rat congrats on motm - Lab_Rat 
    Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the nomination - Cliff Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff No Message - cer Thanks for the rep - Cliff 
    thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra Happy Birthday - KingFisher thanks for the rep:) Zebra pleco for you! - Northerly Merry Christmas - Cliff Just a Thanks! - Plecos 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    Aquaclear filters have been around for 30 yrs plus so I don't think they are worried about being confused with some of the inferior competition lol.
    Sailor

Aye Aye