· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Cool Feeding Blue and gold macaws with okra !

0 Not allowed!

I have had these bastards longer than i can remember they have successfully raised three chicks and i hope they will try for more next season
    i grow most of their food myself, mostly pawpaw(papaya), okra, sorrel , mangoes , bananas and sunflowers (when the wild birds don't massacre them ) and the occasional dry coconut which they take days to open up with me laughing the whole while, they also get mineral block supplements , the odd piece of bread or roti and the tips of my fingers every now and then lol
    if you don't know any of the stuff i refer to just google them

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome birds and video. If you ever have any of the chicks for sale, I would be very interested
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    got a long waiting list lol, but i will bump you up , they haven't been successful for the past three seasons i am trying a new nest box design this season and you will have to apply for annual permits and submit your enclosure for inspection by forestry before you can legally own the bird , i think the minimum requirement for a b&g macaw is 8 sq feet , my birds are captive bred by a guy from valsayn he died a few years ago and his birds went to braigand hill and the zoo , there are many up and coming breeders in the country but forestry has not alleviated any of the procedures for keeping captive bred birds as they should , i mean isn't breeding them for the pet trade better than taking them from the wild ?

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    awesome birds! they are worth a fortune here. best of luck with any chicks in the future!
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I have been considering a parrot enclosure for a while, and those birds are too beautiful to pass up. I would meet all needed regulations and exceed the enclosure size. I agree that captive breeding is much better than wild caught macaws
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    awesome , if i do get chicks i will keep you in the loop and i always loved cacique parrots & i've seen unweaned chicks at petstores in central but i don't want to contribute to the problem plus it's illegal ( only laws i am willing to obey are those pertaining to wildlife lol), i will try to tame another budgie instead cuz my last one was really tame but died before i got him fully weaned

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Cool! I wish it was that easy for us to go out and harvest fresh foods for my parrots...

However, for the most part they just have to suck it up and make do with the same grocery store produce we eat...

I wonder if my African Grey (the plucker) would want a coconut? More nut time, less pluck time?

...I also agree there's no need to capture wild birds for the pet trade. There are enough breeders. But they do need to crack down on the 'parrot mill' folks...some are as bad as puppy mills...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    it is easy to grow your bird's food , not much space required in fact some of the stuff actually comes from my aquaponics system , coconuts are great they provide enrichment and help trim down beaks and nails to some extent , just make sure they aren't opened before you put it in the cage cuz if it is it will rot quickly on the inside and funk up the place, i leave some of the husk on so they have something to shred and pull at ,
    most of the breeders in my county are regulated by the forestry division to ensure animal welfare is up to standard , but when it comes to selling chicks breeders have trouble because of the length of time it takes to become legally permitted to keep them

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love macaws but they get too large for my space.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    conures are a great substitute so are cacique parrots and they're not as noisy lol