· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Question

0 Not allowed!
    Okay thank you I will have a read later when i get home from work about the cycling. :) re the ulcer on his face, It really did look like it was coming 'away' from his chin lastnight and i posted just that this afternoon when I got home, BUT, upon seeing him again I have noticed it is not coming away from his face like it was yesterday and appears to have grown 'fuzz', so now he has a little mound of fuzz below his chin.....like the same kind of fuzz mould grows on it.How can this happen when I have Pimafix in the water? it would seem it's actually worse. Thinking I have to go and get a 'real' Fungal treatment now that there's no snails in the tank to kill.
    Still woukd like a reply about the heater...anyone? thank you kindly.
    btw, been posting Boomer updates on my Facebook wall for the last week and a half...i have friends at work asking everyday and I'm sure, 'lol'ing behind my back hehe I can't help it I love the fish ;)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, my husband used to laugh about my new fish obsession...now he cries. ;)

Sorry, I'm not an expert on the technical stuff...I just buy a heater marked for my size tank and leave it at that. :-/

Fuzz could also be columnaris, which is bacterial. Pictures?
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

3. Question

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm well, I didnt know heaters came for different sized tanks, guess I will check that.
    Aaaah re the fuzz....it was there bigger than ever this morning like a mound of white hair, was trying to snap pics this morning before work but nothing came up clear enough, thought i'd try when i got home from work but it's gone??? and left a red patch like an area that has no scales.
    He is acting normal again now, very lively, eating, curious as usual compared to last week when he almost turned up his fins, BUT...remember this long transluscent white stringy thing he had coming from his butt????( posted pics last week) well it fell off a few days ago, thought I'd hold off on the parasite treatment and then this afternoon, whammo, thought it was just poo because it's got colour, but upon closer inspection it appears to be red in colour, like it's got some blood in it?

4. Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the repeated replies, but I keep coming across 'new' things. I came home from job #2 tonight and discovered in a matter of hours he has a piece of his tail coming off and it has what looks like fungus on it...tried to snap a pic, very hard, all blury sorry.What next ?*sigh* so now he still has this intestinal thing with what looks like blood in it AND the fungus on his tail, and I'm still using Melafix and Pimafix, how can this happen? I will head to the pet store tomorrow, please, just telll me what I need to buy.