· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Tetratec 1200

1. Default Tetratec 1200

0 Not allowed!
    My above filter tube that blows out the water is only about 24 inches long , my tank is 36 inches long ,

Does this matter, i also noticed that according to teh instructions on the filter media ie filter floss. TETRATEC BIOLOGICAL FILTER FOAM, TETRATEC CARBON TETRA TEC etc should be changed every 4 weeks, i couldnt afford to do that

0 Not allowed!
    If your referring to the spray bar, it doesn't have to be as long as the tank to work well

You also do not need to change foam inseters every 4 weeks if you clean them on a regular basis in old tank water. All of the foam pads in my FX5 are over 2 years old now and I don't plan on changing them until they start falling apart

Carbon will need to be changed every 4 weeks or so. Any chance you could just replace the carbon with another foam insert ???
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default wow u have to change the carbon stones

0 Not allowed!
    that is expensive

do u mean not to use the carbon stones and just use foam??

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, in most cases you can just use foam or a combination of foam and some biomedia.

In most filters that take cartridges, you can do replace the carbon cartirdge with a sponge. You really only need to use carbon unless you need to remove meds from the tank. I almost never use carbon in my FW tanks.

Edit:

I would suggest to have sponges on the bottom try, and biomedia in all other trays. Bio-max has always worked great in my set-ups

Last edited by Cliff; 10-08-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    For the Advice

6. Default Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    For the Advice