· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

Default Wall tanks at fair

0 Not allowed!
    Don't know if I'm doing this right, if not I'm sorry. Found this on the internet however the fair here in Bloomsburg Pa. has them to win, on the net it says they hold aprox. 6.6 gallons of water, they look real nice and at the fair they have different shapes and sizes of these tanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow it worked, I just figured this would be a decent home for a betta fish at 6.6 gallons. At the fair here it is 5.00 for 3 tries of winning these, on the internet it says these range from around 140.00 to 190.00 or somewhere in this vacinity. I might see if my wife who takes care of the money in the house will allow me to try for one of these, if it wasn't for my wife we'd be on the streets begging for food probably---I'm not good with bills or financial paying.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    Oooh, those are nice! We might have to look into those. Did you happen to catch the price? And could you attach a filter and heater, or would it be strictly cold water?

Nicole
    10 gallon tank w/
    2 Black Skirt Hi-Fin Tetra
    1 Lemon Tetra
    2 Black Phantom Tetras
    4 Otocinclus Catfish
    3 Narrow Ridge Rasboras
    2 Long-Finned Serpae Tetras

At the office, I have a fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    i personally dont care for wall tanks. theyre not wide and the fish can really only dart from left to right, not all angles.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikita706
    Oooh, those are nice! We might have to look into those. Did you happen to catch the price? And could you attach a filter and heater, or would it be strictly cold water?
    The one I saw on Amazon.com was aprox. 189.00 I think this is the one, it says it holds 7.6 gallons of water the measurements are L=19.5", W=34.5", H=9". It has a 20 watt fluorescent Light, holds 28 liters or 7.4 gallons of water, comes with Fluorescent Light, Pump and Filter, weights 16 lbs. all for only 189.00. This must be a new thing going on if I could spend a little bit at the fair and win one it'd be nice otherwise I would never spend that kind of money for such a small tank, they look great on the wall but boy they are expensive.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa_pleco
    i personally dont care for wall tanks. theyre not wide and the fish can really only dart from left to right, not all angles.
    I understand what you're saying but being 9" wide they are wider than 2.5 gallon and almost as wide as a 10 gallon tank. You would have to certainly hit a big time stud in the house to hang it, I figure just putting 6 gallons of water + the 16 lb. weight of the tank would be about 64 lb. which alot of weight on the wall. For a betta it should be O.K. I would think anyway?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Here are a few more shapes that Amazon.com has the smallest one I saw held aprox. 4.5 gallons of water. I think the round one was the smallest at aprox. 19" x 19" x 10" holding 4.5 gallons weighing 10 lb. only.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wink

0 Not allowed!
    I like them. And if you were using them for a betta or a goldfish, I would think that those would be a lot better than a little fish bowl.

Nicole
    10 gallon tank w/
    2 Black Skirt Hi-Fin Tetra
    1 Lemon Tetra
    2 Black Phantom Tetras
    4 Otocinclus Catfish
    3 Narrow Ridge Rasboras
    2 Long-Finned Serpae Tetras

At the office, I have a fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift too! - cocoa_pleco   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - S13DWS   

0 Not allowed!
    Those tanks look really cool... But small!!!
    James

My Aquariums
    250L holding Ps. Demasoni
    35L Holding Siamese Fighter Fish (male)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikita706
    I like them. And if you were using them for a betta or a goldfish, I would think that those would be a lot better than a little fish bowl.
    goldfish usually require around 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 gallons for the second fish, I think that's how it goes---but ya sadly for most goldfish in the world kept by people these would be large compared to the homes they are kept in. For bettas I figure this would be an awesome tank, I keep my betta in a 5 gallon at this time and he has a blast swimming around by himself. I have kept bettas in 1.5 gallon glass tanks but prefer at least 2.5 gallons to keep them in. I SO MUCH want one But I don't want to spend a fortune on buying one, hopefully I can win one at the fair this week.