· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yay he came around very fast! He ate the food thats been sitting there for a week last night. Ate the whole bowl. I refilled it this morning and im hoping he will finish it faster this time.

I remembered what i forgot to mention to my vet during my visit. Sometimes he drinks water really fast, runs around coughing for a minute, and then retches and coughs up a puddle of water. I think its just that he drinks so fast he inhales it and then coughs it up out of lungs and nothing to worry about, but my grandma calls it throw up and freaks out when he does it.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello :)

For the glands, just a monthly/bi monthly groomer visit will help them. My dog gets a bath, trim, ear cleaning, gland cleaning, nail dremel, and pad trim every other month and he is much better.

And for the water bowl issue, you just need to watch him and get his attention when he is drinking too fast. My friend's pitbull does the same thing, but with a strong command, she will slow down and prevents vomiting. But do still tell your vet about this issue.
    - Kate

20 gallon Tiger barb Tank

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for advice Kate, i will try that with the water.

My grandma ruined the dry food eating. She fed him wet food day after he ate the whole bowl of dry food, and now hes on strike again. Grrrr! I told her i dont want to see him near any wet food, be it the cat's or his for the next two weeks at least. I want him to not just eat it because its all thats there, but actually learn that that is what hes eating mostly and he will start actually wanting to eat it instead of waiting until he is so hungry he cant bear it and then eating it.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another vet visit. This time my mom is paying for it. I put him at her house for one day and night while i was out of town, and within 5 hours i got a call saying he was bleeding bad from his foot. Somebody stepped on him and one of the nails on his back foot is smashed the whole way at the top of the nail less than 2mm from skin. Online says if i see a smashed nail im supposed to try to cut it but if its up high like that he needs to go to vet. Calling on Monday when they are open to make another appt. :(
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    That's too bad! It should heal up alright though.

My AmBull was stepped on by a horse earlier this year and lost one nail entirely (and broke off 3 others - her feet were a mess). I thought it was gone for good, but there's a nubby growing in. It might not ever be normal, but I'll see what it amounts to...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oo. That does sound like a mess. Poor dog. Do you have to take to vet for a nail that is broken like that? Like if i just left it go since it doesnt seem to bother him much will he be okay? I cant cut it because of how high it is. Looking at it outside on my walk (i put waterproof liquid bandaid for dogs on it so that its protected from outside world :D) it looks like the nerve in the nail is pretty swollen. Yet he shows no signs of pain or discomfort from it.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a example picture i made on Paint with a picture of a dog's nail i found online. The black line is the main area the nail broke. If that is where it broke it is bent away from the camera exposing the quick a little. But i cant get a real picture because of which toe it is and everything i cant get in there enough and still hold a camera to take a proper picture.

10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I made an appt for Friday at 5pm because even if its not really bugging him that much and might grow out eventually i dont really want to leave it the way it is for fear of it snagging on something and causing more problems. We have a lot of things in the house it could snag on, like knitted sweaters and blankets, woven seat covers, etc. I know how annoying it is have a broken fingernail and have it snagging on stuff and i cant wait to get home and cut it because it snags on everything, so i figure its similar for him.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfishlover2011
    Oo. That does sound like a mess. Poor dog. Do you have to take to vet for a nail that is broken like that? Like if i just left it go since it doesnt seem to bother him much will he be okay? I cant cut it because of how high it is. Looking at it outside on my walk (i put waterproof liquid bandaid for dogs on it so that its protected from outside world :D) it looks like the nerve in the nail is pretty swollen. Yet he shows no signs of pain or discomfort from it.

I have a fair amount of animal care experience (including many years as working at a vet clinic part-time). I can look after most 'first aid' issues myself.

When in doubt...go to the vet. But a nail is a nail. If it's not bleeding and not infected...there's nothing the vet can do - outside of tidying things up a bit if they can.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The vet cut the nail the whole way to the top there past the break and cauterized it. Then they trimmed all his other nails that didnt need trimmed but they just said "meh" and cut like 2mm off of all of them. That way they could charge me for a nail trimming instead of a wound examination and treatment. Only $20 this time. :) I love my vets office.

The vet saw Paddy's new jacket and is apparently a supernatural fan, because he said "Awesome jacket! Where did you get this?" and i said it reminded me of a character from my favorite tv show and i got it from That Fish Place. Then he surprised me by saying "It looks almost just like Castiel's trenchcoat from Supernatural, do you watch that show?" I stared at him and just said "... Yes, yes it does look like Cas, i love that show..."

He was wearing his jacket at the vet because i walk him to the vet because its right on the street behind my house on our normal walk route anyway, and i didnt take it off because i figured it wasnt necessary since he was there for his nail, not a checkup.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything