· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see the tank stocked man, it's gonna be sweet. My shellie tank has SERIOUS algae issues right now. I mean like... good god. And it comes back within a day. Getting some LEDs to swap out for the t8 to see if that fixes it.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

0 Not allowed!
    Found a breeder that lives about twenty minutes away:
    http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/3387016955.html
    I think I'll call and find out what he/she is about. That's a pretty impressive stock list.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly
    Can't wait to see the tank stocked man, it's gonna be sweet. My shellie tank has SERIOUS algae issues right now. I mean like... good god. And it comes back within a day. Getting some LEDs to swap out for the t8 to see if that fixes it.
    Check your phosphates. Is it brown or green.

0 Not allowed!
    Dark green, covers the whole hardscape within like 3 days. Don't wanna hijack your journal though:p

0 Not allowed!
    Well, after some hard pondering of which species to keep I have decided to go with Neolamprologus Multifasciatus or multies. I checked all the usual online stores for stocking this and found that it will be most cost effective to do local pickup from a breeder that lives about 20 mins. from me. I'm going to his house tomorrow afternoon. If I like what I see as far as health of the fish, cleanliness of the tanks, etc, I will make the purchase. I can't wait! I will also be picking up some java ferns and maybe some moss (especially since firfly started that thread about that java moss culturing) on Friday when my lfs gets their new shipment of plants. Tonight I picked up 2 blackish lava rocks (small) to add some more coloration to hardscape and provide more separation for territories for the Multi's.

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait for the pics!

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above. Those lava rocks will look great!

0 Not allowed!
    I got my Multis last night and one White Calvus, though the Calvus just hides in the rock structure. I will post pics tonight along with video of the tank hopefully. Those guys took over the tank immediately! lol
    I'm now having an issue with my nitrate because it would seem the water company dumped chems. in the water due to the former boil water restrictions ,and it's now at 40ppm out of the tap after a 90% water change once I learned of this!!!! I'm hoping that the source water will return to normal soon. I may have to resort to a nitrate reductor which I really do not want to do.
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 11-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Look forward to the pics.

You could throw a large bunch of plants in there to try to eat up some of the nitrates until your water normalises? I'm not sure how effective it would be. 40 is pretty high

0 Not allowed!
    I know, it's crazy. I read that US laws prohibit levels of over 10ppm. I'm going to have to make a call. I wish I knew the level was this high before. They must have just done it though because I test my source water regularly. It was at 5ppm before this mess of a Hurricane.