· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    You picked up some great equipment for your shellie tank.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, thanks. I've been a fan of Eheim for a long time. Had several over the years. Can't beat them. IMO

0 Not allowed!
    I just put the substrate down (cloudy.) Put in two pieces of holey rock. Hooking up my Eheim canister now. Getting closer.

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    [IMG][/IMG]

(Tank is still a bit cloudy from adding substrate yesterday but is clearing up nicely)
    This is what I did today thus far. I think I may need some more Texas holey rock, maybe. I still have a another box of 3 dozen escargot snail shells maybe I need more? I'm also thinking about doing a few low lght, rugged plants. The sparaybar is set up to run across the entire length of the tank and it does ( I had to shorten the spraybar with a hacksaw because it was too long. lol I'll probably drill a few more holes in the sparaybar at different angles to lower the velocity of the current across the top a little bit. Also to direct the current towards different areas a distribute the heat more effectively. I will be running a sponge or foam prefilter on the intake (for the fry) and also so the sand does not get sucked up so much. I'm about to put a black background on the tank as well. I wecome and encourage any comments, suggestions or otherwise. One more thing, the Eheim/Jager 100 watt sub. heater is a beast. lol That heater is longer than more stealths were on the 55. I'm still contemplating placement of it.
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 10-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks awesome man. Good job:)
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks man. I just picked up some smaller pieces of Texas holey rock. I'm going to re-arrange it a little. I need to get more depth out of it. Once I "finish" the hardscape I will start the cycle. I'm not sure what stocking plans are for the tank yet, maybe a colony of multies only.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff, the setup and scape look great! Your parameters are fine, higher than mine(kh4.5, gh9, ph8), and I keep plenty of africans(13 tanks). The shellies will absolutely love that tank. Keep me posted.
    11 tanks, 5.5g up to 125g(2). Mbuna, Haps, Peacocks, Tangs, wild caught to tank raised!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. I changed up some stuff yesterday. Got two smaller pieces of Holey rock so that it looks like an underwater ridge now going into the shells. I also put the black background on.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, the tank is officially cycling now. I also got rid of the t5 fixture because it was malfunctioning and went with an l.e.d fixture instead, what a difference. Changed up some of the hardscape before cycling began as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Could you post some pics of your LED fixture?:) If the tank is presentable of course. I was thinking of going the LED route on my tank.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.