· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Threaded View

1. Default Green Terror sick. Mouth/eating problems

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Green Terror with a Rafeal Catfish in a tank by themselves. The water parameters are all checking out to be just fine. I went home for school for the summer and brought my hospital tank home to keep my Green Terror (4 in.) and Rafeal in while I was home, I came back 2 months later and put them both back into my main tank. I checked the levels before putting them back in and everything checked out o.k. (i dont think I checked amonia reading though). Both fish were fine for about 2 weeks and then my Green Terror Cichlid started chewing up his food for a long time, only swam after 1-2 pellets at a time when he used to eat and swallow every pellet even before it hit the ground, spitting out his food after like only the 10th little pellet. He is still very active and swims about the tank eager for food its just he takes sooo long to chew now and he is eating considerably less food now and even after he spits food out he will put it in his mouth and spit it out again, but will still swim back and forth asking for more food.
    His symptoms are: he has bloated looking cheeks/mouth area and his gills seems to open more. He is breathing a little heavier at times throughout the day and it seems his gills are working a little harder. The underneath of his mouth (the fishes chin?) also is bloated looking. The rest of his body is fine and he is still super energetic. There is definitely something wrong with the area around his mouth (cheeks and gills) are very bloated looking. His gills also might not be the right color)
    I have treated for Maracyn two and Prazi (seperate times of course). Both treatments have had no effect. I also fed him antibiotic medicated food for internal and external bacterial infections and treated the main tank for jungle parasite clear. The symptoms have been present for about 3 weeks now without any improvement or worsening.
    The catfish is fine though. Please if anyone has any idea let me know.
    Last edited by dotcom999; 10-06-2012 at 11:38 PM.