· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Exclamation Wound on angelfish

0 Not allowed!
    I've had my angelfish for about 2 years and a few months ago I put in a gourami with him. I saw the angelfish nudging him away a few times when he came too close and after a while the gourami had a tiny wound on him which I thought was due to this and I thought it would heal but it got bigger and the fish died. Now my angelfish has it!! Is it an infection? and can I stop it from killing him?

http://pic.twitter.com/gm9kUUZQ

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    I can't really say much i've never seen a wound like that on a fish... I mean I'm sure you could try antibiotics or someone will recommend a good medication.. I can however comment on your amazing Twitter background, Josh Hutcherson is GORGEOUS

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that is one deep wound :(

I wouldn't doubt the angel and gourami went at it and one killed the other. but odd to see this after the gourami was gone. unless the gourami did this/angel ran into something then it may be some infection.

either way, i would put him in QT, find some melafix, add a bit of salt, up the temp a bit to like 80-82, increase the O2, and keep the water super duper clean and keep the lights off.

what size is the tank? and any other tank mates with the angel currently?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Some type of worm. Feed a deworming flake and follow the feeding recomendations.

Catch the fish, place it on a wet towel flat. Take a QT tip, place the Q tip into hydrogen peroxide. Swab the area of this wound with the HP. Only contact the area directly. Replace the fish into it's tank. You must move quickly, do a count in your head at a fair pace to get to 60, if you are not ready or delay, place the fish into a bucket of aerated water to catch it's breath for 5 minutes or so and do it again.

Observe the area carefully and repeat if the condition worsens. It may scab and slough some over growth, if this over growth funguses reapply the swabbing.

You must worm angels every 6 months to keep them healthy and ensure a long life. You basically need to use a fenbendazole based flake, angelsplus sells this.

0 Not allowed!
    I'll put my money on an anchor worm.

If it is, the only thing that will cure it is anchor worm medication. Salt and a bunch of other stuff will not. Clout, Anchors Away or another anchor worm medication.

If you began to see a white string coming from it, then you'll know soon enough.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 10-04-2012 at 05:02 AM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow that is gnarly. I didn't know angels were prone to issues with worms. Thanks for the great info guys. Good luck with this guy. I hope he pulls through. He is gorgeous.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys!