· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Talking New to the frog life!

0 Not allowed!
    So! I just got my own African Dwarf Frogs today! 2 males and 1 female!
    I have had an African Clawed Frog when I was younger, (I'm only 19 now) but it was in my aunt's 100+ gal tank and she took most of the care!
    I have a 15 gal tank with 6 Neon Tetra, 4 Danios, some Ghost shrimp and 3 ADF!
    I am concerned about one thing though, my tank is a tall tank, I added a long piece of drift wood that reaches the top so they can swim using that, but I still see them going a bit up then floating down a bit, then a bit up, etc. then finally racing up and then back down. I'm scared they're gonna be too exhausted trying to breathe all the time. I was wondering if anyone had some type of underwater air pocket they built? Similar to the Crabitat things? And any advice otherwise would be great! Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    My ADF is in a 20 gallon, and it is not too tall. It depends how tall the tank is itself. If your tank if you put your hand to the bottom does not come up past your mid top arm, you should be okay. It isn't unusual for ADF to swim up and down often, and only go mid way.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah my tank is definitely tall, it's around 2 ft tall, but I'm glad to hear it's not unusual for them to go half way up and then float down. Other than that they seem fine, I just feel bad, but if I took some sort of container and set an air pump under it, would they even find it? Or know to use it instead of the top surface?

0 Not allowed!
    Not likely, ADF are not the smartest things around. You would be better off getting the frogs their own low profile bookshelf tank.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but they seem to be OK! They all just kinda mosey up to the top and sit there and then just go down, I think it just took some getting use to! One of them even use the driftwood to go up, so I think they'll be fine! Now I wanna work on making sure they get food!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You have to take their food to them, either train them to eat from your hand or a dish or use a turkey baster to put food right in front of them. Mine are trained to go to a little dish where i put food in for them everyday. They dont need fed every single day, but i have 5 and they all are hungry on different days it seems, so i offer everyday.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything