· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by escamosa
    No, you don't treat this problem with salt or heat. If the spots are getting more white, then i would do a couple of things. Put her in the QT, and treat her for both external parasites and fungal infections. One treatement, then the other - not both at once. Clout is a good product for getting rid of external parasites, if you can get it. And there's quite a few anti-fungal products on the market.
    Thanks Escamosa. I moved her to a QT, where she seems more comfortable. She immediately started swimming more and hasn't really remained still - which I think is good. She's not acting erratic either, so that's good. I added Coppersafe, which is supposed to treat Parasites, in addition to ick, so I'll keep an eye on her to see how things go.

I did notice that after about an hour or so of medicating the tank, she's begun scratching herself on the decorations. I just watched her for about 2min and she constantly circles and scratches along the decorations. So, it's definitely bothering her, but at least she's still active. Hopefully we can nip this in the bud.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Also, Escamosa is pretty much a genius... :) but I'm not a fan or anything. . . Much love Eskee!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Just a quick update... I have also had to reduce the flow of my filter in the QT, as the poor girl can't handle the current. When she gets close to the side where the filter output is, it blows her down, toward the bottom of the tank. That should give you a good idea on how weak she is right now.

It's only an AquaClear 20 filter in a 10gal, so it shouldn't be intolerable.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Damnit... she died. ;/ *sigh*

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    so sorry. let's hope she was among that first batch you bought and was still affected by the issue you resolved later on.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted:severum, EBJD, congos, royal pleco
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Awww MAN! I'm sorry to hear that Kev.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys - it's always sad and a let down to have a fish die... especially when you do everything you can think of to keep the tank and fish in good health, while also trying to make them happy. ;/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    She died!? Wow! I guess it was just one of those fish that you get every now and then. Some are just so much weaker than others, and with the smaller types of fish, such as tetras, they're transported to and kept at LFSs in such large numbers that they can be exposed to huge amounts of ammonia which poisons them, which in turn can make them prone to disease.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    Also, Escamosa is pretty much a genius... :) but I'm not a fan or anything. . . Much love Eskee!
    Aww, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks, Mandy! too! But if I was a genius, I wouldn't be operating machinery for a living, that's for sure!
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by escamosa
    She died!? Wow! I guess it was just one of those fish that you get every now and then. Some are just so much weaker than others, and with the smaller types of fish, such as tetras, they're transported to and kept at LFSs in such large numbers that they can be exposed to huge amounts of ammonia which poisons them, which in turn can make them prone to disease.
    I haven't thought of that and it makes sense. They keep so many Tetras, Guppies, Mollies, etc. in those little tanks, compared to say... most Cichilids. Thanks for answering the call, anyway, I really appreciate it. =]

Aww, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Thanks, Mandy! too! But if I was a genius, I wouldn't be operating machinery for a living, that's for sure!
    Depends on who you ask, brother. There are plenty of "smart" people who wouldn't know a nut from a bolt. ;]

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, you're right! I do enjoy my job, and heck, I've bought just about everything that someone with a better paying job has - house, cars and such. AND, I don't have to be a rocket scientist to do my job!

And you're more than welcome!
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark