Hey guys,

One of my Black Phantom Tetras (a first addition to my 75gal) has two raised spots at the base of her (red fins) tail. I ruled out ich, because they don't appear to be white and they seem much larger than grains of salt. I don't think it's black spot disease, because from the pictures it seems like the spots wouldn't be raised. I'm not sure if it's a parasite, but the bump doesn't seem to be circular. I can't figure this out. I've looked online for a similar disease, but can't seem to find something exact. The closest thing I could find might be "flesh worms?"

Usually my Phantoms aren't as active as my Serpae's, but they haven't hovered as high as this one has been. She's been hanging at least mid to 3/4 to the top of the tank, not moving around at all... just hovering and breathing. I'm thinking she's sluggish/lethargic, and she seems to be taking bigger gasps of air than the other 22 fish in the tank.

I posted three pics below:

Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. I'm not sure how I should treat her, if I can at all.

Thanks!