· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What food does your Angelfish like the most?

0 Not allowed!
    I want to keep my new Angelfish as happy and healthy as possible and I know that besides weekly water changes food plays a big factor in both cases. So...... I thought I would ask Angelfish owners, which food does your Angelfish enjoy the most?
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

0 Not allowed!
    Mine go nuts over frozen bloodworms, as do most of my other fish. They only get them once every week or two.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tetra Min.

I have 32 pairs all they eat is Tetra Min or Omega Flake. A fish is very similar digestive tract wise to a dog or any other simple design digestive animal. If you feed it one food it becomes acclimated to that feed. Just like a dog, if you feed a dog one type of dog food it has a uniform stool, predictable stool scheduling and few intestinal maladies. If you feed your dog random strange and high variation diet your dog becomes irregular, prone to digestive problems including blockages, gas, bloat and loose stool.

I have in the area of 4,000 angelfish in my collection at any given time, all I feed is a high quality flake twice per day. Since doing this several years ago I have had absolutely no intestinal problems. Any time I feed frozen foods I end up with problems. I specialize in veil and super veil types, on a High quality flake and water changes I have stunning and perfectly finned out fish.

0 Not allowed!
    Mne like flakes the best but I also add a few floating Hikari pellets every couple of days to. Gives them something to niddle on during the day.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mine absolutely love live blood worm, cherry shrimp or mozzie larva. They get garden worms (chopped) when i can find em. Pellet food, frozen bloodworm, flake, algae disks

They also dont get weekly water changes and not fed regularly (as in there is no structured feeding regime, not that they dont get fed often before anyone jumps on me *L*)
    Lots of tanks
    Camera - Sony A33 - Sony A58
    18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM lens
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Crushed pond snails. They make a beeline for a sinking crushed snail from across the tank. But a sinking non-crushed snail, they ignore.

Next, Blood Worms.

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    I use the Tetra flakes as well for my staple food. Here and there they will get gut loaded guppy fry and they LOVE that treat.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I only have one Angel but he definitely loves it when i give him brine shrimp. I use frozen as most of the stores near me don't have live feed.
    Deleted Profile

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    My staple food for my Angels is New Life Spectrum pellets once a day, and usually Omega One flakes (They eat both although I get the impression they do like the flakes better). On rare occasion I give frozen blood worms, and brine shrimp (once every other week or so), they go absolutely crazy for the shrimp. I take a small pinch of the flakes in my fingers and hold it about 2" down into the water and they eat right out of my hands.
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My main dish for my Angels is TetraMin PLUS cichlid flakes, sometimes I toss in a frozen bloodworm cube. However I also have plants in my tank that my angels continuously graze on as well. I feed the flakes 3x a day and when I bought my angels they were only 2/3 the size they are now and I've only had them a few weeks. They're about 3-5 mo old, hard to tell from the size as angels can grow slower or faster depending on past husbandry. They love the flakes though and I don't have any water clarity or quality issues, even with the multiple feedings.
    70 Gal Planted Rio Negro Angelfish Biotope with:
    1 Whip Tail Pleco
    7 Hatchet fish
    11 Glo Light tetras, 6 Black Skirted Tetras
    6 Bronze Corys
    3 Wild Type Angelfish
    Current Plants:
    Giant Amazon Sword, Narrow Leaf Java, Val, moss on driftwood