· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking tank. Is that a toad-stool leather near the top of your tank ? How long have you had this coral in your tank ?

Using distilled water (not mineral water) from the grocery store is a OK option. RO/DI water is best. Many LFS also sell that for a little cheaper than buying distilled from a grocery store (at least that's true were I live).

Have you also been testing you Mag levels ? The reason why I ask is that maintain your Mag levels will also help your Cal & dKH to become and stay balances and will also help to stabilize your pH.
    Last edited by Cliff; 10-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't believe I have a test yet for MAG, i will have to look into it. I read about my leather is very similar to toadstool leather. He doing pretty good lately. things i did today was take corals off plugs that i have currently and attach them to my live rock. still fighting some brown algae but that's normal. Also my reef keeper lite came in the mail today. Need to figure how to set that up.

other things on list to do.
    attach corals to live rock once they come in.
    figure out how to remove chamber in number one.
    Replace 100 w heater with 50 w... not liking my temps are around 82 to 83
    hook up reef keeper
    learn how to glue frags properly without getting glue everywhere
    hook up MJ1200 once it comes in. Hope its not to powerful, got it for 18 shipped on other forum.
    14g Biocube Tank
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=98216
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

55g Community tank 1 Platy,6 gold barbs, Small Clown Loach, Asian Bumblebee, 1 Red-tail Shark, 2 Albino Plecos

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really didn't do much to the tank today, was stuck at work most of the day, luckily I came up with a want and need list of items i felt i might need.

Want
    New LED lights
    RO/DI Unit
    ATO
    Other Reef Keeper items

Need
    Hydro Flo to replace the nozzle coming out of Chamber three
    Need PH and ORP Probes
    Would Like a new stand with more space underneath
    50 W Heater to replace 100w one currently in the tank
    More CUC looking for prolly snails heard crabs don't do much
    Salt Mix Stocked my tank with lfs premade water (1.023) and would like to increase it to about (1.025) I still have about 6 gallons of premade water so slowing add salt and test to figure how to increase my salt levels. I plan of doing this with about 2 wc a week till this happens.

and for pictures I have My unknown name Zoas on my stick with the feather worm. If you know the name let me know. Also have My Green Star Polyps and Pretty in Pink Zoa opening up soon in their new spots. Still need to glue GSP need to find good spot for it to cover. My Radio Active Zoa look dead not sure if from shipping or stress. and of course a FTS. Also fixed the pictures through editing them. Sorry using the iphone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

55g Community tank 1 Platy,6 gold barbs, Small Clown Loach, Asian Bumblebee, 1 Red-tail Shark, 2 Albino Plecos

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    got my coral shipment in from Aqua Scrappers today. good stuff there.
    Got a couple zoas and Ricordea florida. Also my pump came in. Did about a 15% water change. Have off tomorrow where think might go shopping for some more cuc.
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    I like the progress:)
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Added two hermit crabs and two turbo snails today. One of the hermits is small blue leg, other normal med size one. Turbo snails seemed to be sticking to my live rock where my other snails normally on glass or back. Crabs have been doing great job cleaning up my brown algae. They clean up the sand well. As for coral most of zoas open up so far, few still look okay but have not open up. Also picked up a 50w heater. Notice temperature was about 88 last night got down to 84 so far. Have no heater currently plugged in till temp drops more
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Added one more Astraea Snail, 3 more EBL hermits

Since heater been off tank dropped to about 82 degrees.
    Ordered the Biocube 29 stand for more space.
    Plan on having a 10 gal Sump added to tank.
    Maybe ATO now too. Not sure

Pictures
    Gsp starting to come out.
    Green People Eater Zoa like thier new spot.
    Hermits are slowing taking away diatoms on the sand.
    And my first born coral in my tank. New Zoa on my still unnamed Zoa.
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So far rearrange the rock for more of a wall look, might change a bit.
    I think my sump is going to be 10 gallons. Still gives me a little bit of room in the stand. Prolly buy 5.5 gal to use the glass or 2.5 haven't planned that far yet. Overflow box is either going be lifereef or eshopps. Might be getting a lifereef nano from another forum but guy hasn't gotten back to me. Started playing around with the reef keeper today. Can't get my itemp to work. Not sure whats wrong with it. I also have advance lighting control not quick sure what I am going to use that for. It came with my package deal. Hoping for some kind of fish in the tank hopefully in a month or so. I would like maybe two small tank raised clowns but might chose something else. Everyone wants me to get clowns tho.
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    A 14 gallon tank with some rock in it will be far too small for a clown fish. I would suggest the smallest tank you could keep one in would be a 20 gallon tank, and even that is pushing it

Some of the smaller gobys or maybe blue-eyed cardinal fish would be a better fit for your tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    how do you feel about blue yellow tail damsel and goby or I know Shrimp Goby pair would also work.
    14g Biocube Tank
    5.5g Red Cherry Shrimp