· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default is this the beginning of dropsy?

0 Not allowed!
    sorry for the horrible picture.

this swelling started a few days ago out of nowhere and it doesn't seem to be going away. could this be dropsy? and if so, what can i do to treat it?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Are his scales all raised up? Is he eating and otherwise acting normal? It looks like he might be constipated, try fasting him for a day or two if he doesnt look like a pinecone from above.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    no, his scales are not raised. i was just concerned because of the size of it. a few weeks ago this happened, and i believe it was constipation due to a diet of almost exclusively bloodworms. so i switched him to a small pellet for bettas and he loves them. i give him 4 a day. i will stop for a few days then.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    um, is it normal for a fish to be constipated for over a week? it still won't go away. i tried to feed him some small bits of a de-shelled pea to help , but it didn't work.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i think it's gotten bigger. i don't know what to do.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    im not sure what to think of it then. Might just be an obese fish. I have a gourami that is obese and no matter what i do she stays obese.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Treat for internal parasites. Enlarging of the stomach can be a result of parasites and parasites do show up in blood worms and live or frozen foods occasionally.

0 Not allowed!
    Constipation in bettas easily leads to organ damage and bloat. Feed some microwaved peas for a few days
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i don't think it is parasites because i have been feeding him dry food for some time now. i will continue the pea diet for now then.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a female that dose this anytime she eats, she is just so competitive for food she doesn't really care that she is full she HAS to get most of the food. She first did this in the sorority tank, and so did all the others in the tank. I treated for dropsy and nothing ever changed. If I starve her for about 3 days she looks normal. I just yesterday divided the tank she was in, hoping she quites being my swimming pimple lol. Every tank gets a verity of foods, they don't eat the same thing 2 days in a row and 2 days out of the week they get peas or other vegges. Other than she almost always has a swollen belly, she is doing fine. No disconfert that I can tell and she chased her tankmate from time to time. Just keep and eye on him, even my other bettas will do this from time to time and be fine by morning.
    -and now I notice this is 6 days old....-