· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default water changes betta tank

0 Not allowed!
    what percentage water changes do i need to do a week,one foot tank with only one male betta. With a corner filter and air pump running. i have cycled the one foot with a fishless cycle, with puuting the corner filter in my three foot for a week and used some gravel from my three foot as well.
    in my 3 foot i do bi weekly water changes.
    we are all on a journey.
    Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

0 Not allowed!
    My rule of thumb is 50% weekly water changes. If you nitrate get higher than 20ppm during the week, I would suggest more

Just make sure the temp of the replacement water is the same as the tank and don't forget to use a good quality dechlorinater
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    A few questions:

Is there a volume you could list for these tanks, I prefer not to assume.
    Any plants?
    Was your filter was on your betta tank as you cycled it? [Sorry, Have to ask]
    What TrAtes are you getting after a week?
    Is Bi-weekly once every 2 weeks or twice a week? People have used it both ways on here.

It will be in the area of 30 to 40% possibly higher [TrAte dependent] I would bet but these questions are relevant.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 09-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default tank sizes and reading

0 Not allowed!
    my three foot is a standard 30 gallon, my one foot is a standard 5 gallon.
    i used my corner filter and air pump the one foot in my three foot for two weeks before i put it in my one foot, then i let my one foot run for 4 weeks doing a fishless cycle. i done it this way to try and speed up the cycling process. one foot my ph swang dfuring the cycle from 6.8 to 7.2 now stable at 7, trates stable in at 10ppm, trites at .15. my three footer has plants and been up and running for at least 3 months plus.

my w/c are 2 times a week in my 3 foot
    we are all on a journey.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks

If you have TrItes in the 5g still you are not completely cycled yet, They are negligible but you should be reading zero in a cycled tank.

Under 10 trates is good :-D. In a smaller tank like that the water can go down hill fast so I would still be doing decent sized WC as previously mentioned. It will only help.

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default w/c

0 Not allowed!
    I must still do my water changes today, just waiting for the temp of the day to go down a bit more, still sitting at 24 deg centagrade
    we are all on a journey.

7. Default betta tank

0 Not allowed!
    its actully been years since i kept a small tank, ill rather keep my betta in a small tank by himself than in my 3 foot community tank, redoing my tank today.
    we are all on a journey.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok, seems your question have been answerd,, but i had to drop by.. I was assuming you didnt have a fiilter in the betta tank. I would of said 50 wc through the week then like a 90 once a week.. my opion was not needed but