· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default A fish comparable to Zebra Danios

0 Not allowed!
    I think zebra danios are incredible fish. They are incredibly playful, voracious eaters, semi cool looking and very hardy. That being said, I'm looking to get a second school of fish that are of a similar stock. Tetras are awesome looking but seem to be too fragile. Corys are too plain looking. any suggestions?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What is your current stock and tank size?
    We need to know so we can ensure the next school will fit and be happy with their roommates

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I currently have 6 zebra danios in a planted, 20 gallon tank

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wee-bey
    I currently have 6 zebra danios in a planted, 20 gallon tank
    If you like Danio's try Glowlight Danio's, they are still pretty new to the trade and have come down alot in price

Leopards/dwarf are another choice but they and the Glowlights are a little smaller than the Zebras but can and do keep up with them.

Pearl are another choice and they get slightly bigger.

What ever you go with buy more than six and I would increase your Zebra school and get six cories for the bottom (not mandatory only a suggestion) and you will have a lively full tank.

There are several new and attractive Danios out there that I don't know that much about.

Hope this helps.

0 Not allowed!
    although if you want the FISH to be happy, get 6 more zebra danios
    instead of mixing them with another species. if you really want variety that much, leopard danios are a color morph of zebra danios and will school together.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The GloFish are really cool looking and they come in a lot of different colors, but to buy a proper size school of them will put you back a decent amount. They're like 3 or 4 bucks at stores near me.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1
    If you like Danio's try Glowlight Danio's, they are still pretty new to the trade and have come down alot in price

Leopards/dwarf are another choice but they and the Glowlights are a little smaller than the Zebras but can and do keep up with them.

Pearl are another choice and they get slightly bigger.

What ever you go with buy more than six and I would increase your Zebra school and get six cories for the bottom (not mandatory only a suggestion) and you will have a lively full tank.

There are several new and attractive Danios out there that I don't know that much about.

Hope this helps.
    When I suggested the Leopard Danio I ment the Spotted Danio or Brachydanio Nigrofasciatus also called the Ocelot Danio.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Celestial pearl Danios..

I think they will all school together or you could increase your school with done long fined zebras just to add something a little different but still the same And increasing that school aswell