Hi guys. This is my first post so please bear with me. I'm looking for some advice on my Jack Dempsey. Ive had it (pretty sure its a him) for 2 years now. My buddy asked if i wanted to adopt him when he was getting beat up by the other fish in his tank. So I have him in a 20 tall with some live plants rocks and drift wood ect. Over the course of the 2 years I have had him he has slowly lost parts of his dorsal fin. I have tried treating for finrot but hes not showing any other symptoms besides the fins slowly disappearing. This has been a VERY slow loss of fins over many months so slow that I didn't notice right away. In the past month or so hes become very lethargic laying on the bottom in a corner of the tank. Hes always been shy, but now he hides the second anyone approaches the tank and will not eat while I'm watching. Ive tried varying his food, including some small feeder fish that hes always seemed to love before. I have started treating with melafix this week as the fins seem to be getting worse again. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to do?