· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default fish eggs? What kind?

0 Not allowed!
    I assume these are eggs? Does anyone have a clue what kind they are. I know the pic isn't very good. They look like an oversized bleach white grain of salt inside a translucent sphere.

The tank has albino corries, neon tetras, dwarf frogs, guppies (I know, live bearer), and Chinese algae eaters.

Does anyone have a clue what kind they are? I wonder why the fish are not eating them? They are on the glass, the plant, the intake tube for the filter and maybe other places.

I can try and take better pics if it will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 
    Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I am going to guess the corys from the photos I've seen.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 on above. It can't be guppies neons or dwarf frogs from egg type and the next most likely is cory

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It must be the corries. I wonder why the fish are not eating them? I did a little searching and read that unfertilized eggs look white, and fertilized ones look brown. The ones on the plant look white to me but the ones in this pic on the white ceramic house look slightly brown. do these look fertilized? What can I do to save them? there are heavy plants in one side of the tank if they can make it across but there are also predators in the plants (the ghost shrimp, dwarf frogs and guppies all hang around in the plants a lot). There are other hiding places (guppy fry have managed to hide and survive but only a few). The pic is the top of a ceramic house that could be removed. I do not have a spare tank (I do have a plastic breeder I can put in the tank, the kind that uses air to create current and push the fry into the other chamber). I could also use a 5 gal bucket (I think I could manage an extra heater and air).
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'd wait to see if they hatch, then I'd setup the bucket for the fry if you find some.Good luck with the eggs! =)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had planned on buying corries for another tank so I'll keep a close eye on them (free is always better).

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I had a little stroke of luck. I have a tank divider that I got on clearance for a buck and change a while back. My wife was mad at me (like she always is when I buy stuff I don't need). I guess this one turned out to be useful. All the eggs (or most of them) are on one side of the tank so I was able to cordoned off that side of the tank with the divider. The divider was for a bigger tank but was thin flexible plastic so it worked (the fish do not seem to like the fact that I took away a decent size chunk of their home but its temporary).

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    These look great. Any eggs that might be bad will be not just white, but will be fuzzy white (fungus). So far the ones you have shown look good. Which side of the tank is your filter on? If it's on the side with the eggs, you'll want to maybe add a pre-filter.

The fry will be so cute. I had my little hasbrosus spawn this past spring and ended up with about 50 fry. I have 2 adult females and one male, so I'm guessing this number were from both females. I never really noticed these eggs, just saw a tiny movement when I went to gravel vac one day and had to stop - the fry were all over the place and kept coming for a number of days. Once hatched, at least, the parents paid them no mind at all. Just rummaged right along side with them for food. I had only a couple of guppies in this tank with the hasbrosus adults so nobody became lunch.

Good luck with yours.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When I was referring to them being white, I was referring to some that were not fertilized. I read that if they were fertilized they were brown, but after I posted I also read they can turn brown during the first couple days as they develop. I'm sure these were new yesterday. I also ready that good water current prevent fungus. There is an air bar under the gravel, the filter running, and I put an air stone near the surface on the side with the eggs (I'll move it further down today).

I slid the power filter the the side a little so the intake in on the other side of the divider, away from the eggs. I'm hoping they hatch.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck with the eggs!