· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick Retic...

Angry Sick Retic...

0 Not allowed!
    To make a long story short...A few days ago, I was feeding our Reticulated Python and noticed she had some nasty sores on her lower jaw. Once she was done eating I gently grabbed her and inspected her mouth. It appeared to me that she had a good case of mouth rot. I immediately made an appointment w/ my herp vet and he saw her this past Friday. He agreed it looked to be a bacterial infection, but not mouth rot. He prescribed 6 injections of Amakacin w/ 3 day intervals. Let me tell you...Giving a 6+ foot constrictor injections is no fun! I just really hope we get this infection nipped in the butt. We still have no idea where it came from.

I'll update you as time passes....
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about that man. I hope she gets better soon.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck with that!

Just hearing 'mouth rot' is a bad thing...I hope you get it all cleared up...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, That sounds like no fun at all. Hope she pulls through just fine.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys.

My wife and I gave her the first shot last night. Once i got the syringe into the snake, she began to struggle and my wife could not hold her still. I got the meds in, be she bent the needle in the process. Her next shot is Wednesday...I'm going to have one of my guy friends hold her from now on. This snake is just too strong for her to hold still. It was all I could do to hold her while the vet showed me how to administer her first shot.

I feel bad. This is a very intelligent snake and she now seems to know what is coming as soon as I open her cage. Four more times....
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Ouch, sorry to hear that, hope it gets sorted
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    There was a big reticulated python at FSU (many years ago now) that would strike at anyone wearing a white lab coat if they came near the enclosure after it had been treated for mouth rot the same way.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    There was a big reticulated python at FSU (many years ago now) that would strike at anyone wearing a white lab coat if they came near the enclosure after it had been treated for mouth rot the same way.
    Yes, Retics are very intelligent (as far as snakes go) and will remember who did what to them. I'm scared after 6 times of pulling her out, holding her down, and sticking a needle in her, she is going to get defensive towards me. I've been trying to handle her in between treatments. Last night was shot number 3. She bent that needle too, but got the meds just fine. She does appear to be improving.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    geez, quite the ordeal for your snake. I know you take very good care of them. anyone willing to help by administering shots is very dedicated. hope she pulls through for ya bud!

on a scale of 1-10, how expensive are these shots? just curious.
    Thar she blows!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    geez, quite the ordeal for your snake. I know you take very good care of them. anyone willing to help by administering shots is very dedicated. hope she pulls through for ya bud!

on a scale of 1-10, how expensive are these shots? just curious.
    Thanks. I certainly try to take the best care of all of our animals I can.

These shots are actually quite inexpensive...maybe my vet really 'treated me right'? Owning the zoo that we have...I know my vet pretty well. The shots total out to about $10 each. Not too bad IMO.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii