· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Java Fern

Default Java Fern

0 Not allowed!
    My Java Fern is very healthy and continues to grow nicely which is great. It's a nice full size but it's mainly full because the leaves are floating out if that makes any sense. I want to bunch it together in some kind of way to reduce how wide it is. My question is what can I use to tie it together to reduce the width and is also safe to use in the aquarium?

Not looking to thin it out because I don't have anywhere to move the extra ferns to in this tank or anywhere in my other two tanks.
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You could maybe use some string or something else you could find at home.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use black sewing string... Its strong, doesnt degrade quickly and its hardly noticable. Plus, at $1 for a lifetime supply, its economical.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A thought....you don't HAVE to put the plants you thin out into a tank. If they are going to keep multiplying, the trash may be an option. :)
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys...

Azurescriber, I know that's a option but I just can't bear to throw away any part of my perfectly green and healthy java fern :)
    Plus it's not so much that it's multiplying. I think all of it isn't attached securely on the rock so some of it is loose and being lifted up due to the water movement in the tank so I need to bind it together in some way. I have some Black sewing thread here at the house so that's what I'll use.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys...

Azurescriber, I know that's a option but I just can't bear to throw away any part of my perfectly green and healthy java fern :)
    Plus it's not so much that it's multiplying. I think all of it isn't attached securely on the rock so some of it is loose and being lifted up due to the water movement in the tank so I need to bind it together in some way. I have some Black sewing thread here at the house so that's what I'll use.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Kurly~ Where in Ohio are you? I am going to be adding some Java fern into my tank as soon as I get it switched over.... I could take some off of your hands lol.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I use 4lb. fish line. It's thin, strong, clear and holds up for years under water.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.