· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: newby

1. Default newby

0 Not allowed!
    Hello I am new to fish keeping, I have a powder blue gourami that is dying it is balled up in a curved position it swims like it is laying on its side and in a spiral motion, is there anything i can do to save it? What is causing it to be ill? Should I be worried aout my other 3 Gourami's?

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi BigHouse, welcome to AC!

1 - a pic is worth a thousand words, and can be very helpful with diagnosing. Also, how long it has been like that, and if you did anything around or to the tank recently may be a factor.

2 - tank details like your water parameters, age of tank, how long you've had the fish, size of tank, other fish in the tank also help.

3 - likely there is nothing to be done for that fish, if its already curved up. If the other fish are healthy, they may be fine. Safest thing to do would be to remove the fish either to a quarantine tank or to euthanise it.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    29 Gallon, all water specs are fine except for the nitrate, but i am working on that, added 2 new plants, the tank is 3 months old

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    H has been like that for 3 days still alive but looks to be suffering

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He has been like that for 3 days still alive but looks to be suffering

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    whoa i might be wrong to assume the size of your tank is not sufficient but i'm pretty sure that's too many dwarf gouramis in one tank; you will encounter problems with aggression. try to rehome 3 of them and they will all be much happier.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You aren't wrong, Koala.

That tank is too small for more than one gourami. They are very territorial.

I am assuming by "fine" you mean all zero, except nitrate? How high is the nitrate? It may be the cause of the problem. Also, dwarf gouramis are susceptible to dwarf gourami disease.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!