· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking FINALLY got my Angelfish!

0 Not allowed!
    Well, It has taken me 4 years to get my centerpiece fish for my main tank and it wasn't even me who bought it....lol My husband and daughter came home a couple of days ago with a bag of water that contained my angelfish. Took me totally by surprise! So much that as my daughter stood there grinning with the bag in her hand that I thought she was just standing there with a bag of water..lol

When I finally realized there was an Angelfish in the bag I jumped up off the couch joyfully and almost knocked her down as I grabbed the bag out of her hand! They did a great job in picking one out for me

My daughter decided what to name it on the way home, so here's a pic of "Star", my very first Angelfish

[IMG][/IMG]
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome fish Kurly!! Looks pretty close to wild types aswell
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats!

You will love having an angel around, They are pretty interactive after they settle in and figure out where the food comes from :-P.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I know ScottishFish! I guess my husband DOES pay attention to what I like and what I wanted. I've been showing him pictures of various angelfish online over the past few years but eventually made my decision on what I wanted and he REALLY listened to me!
    He bought my Angelfish as part of my gift for our 22nd wedding anniversay which happens to be September 22nd. I guess I'll keep him around for many more...lol

Thanks 850R! I'm SOOOOO excited about my Angelfish!!!!! Its about 2 inches now. Didn't eat the first few times I tried to feed it but thankfully did this last time. I can't wait to move it over to the main tank! But of course I have to contain my excitement. It still has to serve it's time in the QT for another 12 days or so.

5. Smile congrats on the new arrival!

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful fish. And how thoughtful of your family! I bought an angel for my 90 and I LOVE it. (photos on my signature link) I'm sure you will enjoy yours!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you fishmommie You have a beautiful Angelfish as well as a beautiful tank!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great gift. I cant wait to get my tank and stock it with Angels. I'm hoping either F1 Manacapuru from Angels plus, (have to be very patient for that) or Koi from Angels plus.

Looks very close to the wild type, How big is your tank? is it a wild type or just a regular store brought angel Send us photos as it grows.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the first angelfish! He looks beautiful! =)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

It's store bought, Ramsarecool. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Hubby and my daughter took their time selecting it and made sure there were no signs of visible disease (such as ich - but I still placed it in the QT where it will stay for 10 more days just to be cautious). They said it was the best looking angelfish in the tank so I'm happy that they really took their time picking it out. I wanted a wild type and that's why I was taking soooo long to get one. Guess hubby got tired of me talking about getting my Angelfish and just went ahead and got it for me. He knew that my favorite Angelfish are the one's with stripes so I'm very happy with it. It's actually not as dark as it looks in the pic. More silvery in color so that's why my daughter named it "Star".

I've got a 65 gallon tank which is 36 inches long, 18 inches wide and 25inches tall. That's the reason why I bought it in the first place. I wanted a tall tank for my Angelfish to be able to spread out and grow as tall as it should.

I'll keep posting pics after I move it over to the main tank and as it grows

Thanks seb's fiish. I think my Angelfish is beautiful too! I it

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good looking Angelfish , Will be looking forward to see pictures when he or she is out of Solitary Confinement lol.