· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Ah ok. That explains it. I just remember when I put soil in my tank for the first time (no fish) the ammonia skyrocketed off the charts.

I'm also looking at your other journal...

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    Ah ok. That explains it. I just remember when I put soil in my tank for the first time (no fish) the ammonia skyrocketed off the charts.

I'm also looking at your other journal...
    ^__^ Thanks for the interest! I've just started posting in the old journal again, since I completely remodeled it on Friday!
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

Default Update...

0 Not allowed!
    :D Just a little update!

I recently replaced the 5 gallon with the 6.6 that I had originally wanted! I also moved it to a new location in my office! It's no longer on my desk, but right behind my desk on my printer stand. I moved my printers down to the below shelves instead. I like this much better because the light in the room no longer interferes with the light in the tank, since it's partially surrounded by dark wood.

Aries is much happier in here! I noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in his activity and his eating habits. Before he was a picky brat about eating, and now he gobbles up his food like a greedy teenage boy! :D

He also has a nice new very large bubblenest in the back corner of the tank where he always builds them. It's a half-inch thick and covers 1/4th of the tank~!

29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    late to the party, as usaul but good read, Aires is a sweet betta, hey how do you like the Chi, i have heard alot of bad about them was thinking of getting one for somoeone for Christmas.. actually i have selfish reasons, haha my bro wants a small tank and a chance for me to get a new betta. since i will be doing all the work, he just want to look at it..lol

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    :D I actually love it. I used a little filter media from my 29 gallon at home and stuffed it inside the filter, and have had perfect water parameters from day one! The filter is actually pretty strong on it, a little too strong for Aries (he was getting annoyed with the water movement) so I used the little plastic rock case that goes on top to soften the water flow.

The light on it sucks. If you want to put plants in it, put something that can survive in ANY light like anubias or some kind of wisteria. I have anubias in mine and it's doing well. I have to take out the other plants, though, as they're dying.

But my betta is VERY happy in it. He makes a new bubble nest every week :)

I bought one for my 18 month old nephew for Christmas because he loves my fish tank at home.
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Always does me good to see a betta treated with the respect they deserve. There's so many jammed into tiny unsuitable tanks...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    Always does me good to see a betta treated with the respect they deserve. There's so many jammed into tiny unsuitable tanks...
    :D Aww thank you. Yeah, I can't stand it when people think they can throw a betta into a cup and it'll be fine. My betta before this one had his own standard 5-gallon tank. He died of old age around Easter and I sold the whole tank set up off to buy this new one! I'm so happy I did, too. It really makes a difference having him in my office. Whenever I get stressed out, I just turn and watch him for a while.
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Wish I could. Don't think I've had a desk for myself in 9 years, it's all flex these days.
    Last edited by talldutchie; 12-13-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    Wish I could. Don't think I've had a desk for myself in 9 years, it's all flex these days.

Anyway, I digress. Did you notice this one's out? http://usa.hagen.com/Aquatic/Aquariu...-Desktop/10516
    I did, actually! Haha I was just reading about it over lunch today. A friend mentioned she was interested in getting a tank, so I decided to buy her one for Christmas. She originally said she liked the fashion tanks...then changed her mind and said she wanted something big enough for a community--so I'll be getting her a standard 29 instead.
    Journal

Journal

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I LOVE THE TANK AND THE BETTA great job

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice