· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    ^_^ Thanks for checking in!

I JUST uploaded a video. He's doing well! It's a crappy cell phone video, but that's okay. Hahaha...

The heater I got isn't quite powerful enough to get the tank up to 80 degrees. It's keeping it at about 78 instead. He doesn't seem bothered by the few degrees difference. I suppose anything is better than the 65 degree cup he was in.

I want to add more plants soon. I hope to order some ambulia...though I don't think this crappy light fixture will be strong enough for it.

Oh! And I ended up putting the filter media from my other tank in the filter of this one, since I managed to make it fit nicely. :D
    Last edited by Lolita; 09-26-2012 at 07:32 PM.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    And I ended up putting the filter media from my other tank in the filter of this one, since I managed to make it fit nicely. :D
    Sweet. Well done. Don't forget to test for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Will do! Thanks!
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

Journal

Awards Showcase

Default First Bubblenest!

0 Not allowed!
    So, the past two days with Aries have been... interesting.

First of all, I had a total meltdown when I got into the office yesterday, and he was gone. There was NO sign of him at all! The tank is covered, so I knew he didn't jump (though I thoroughly checked anyhow) and there was no body anywhere!

I was convinced the cleaning people in my building took him or something.

So, after calming down, I went to petco and picked up a new heater, and a new betta.

When I lifted the filter/light fixture off of the tank, out popped Aries! I don't know HOW he got in there...the tiny tube he was in wasn't big enough even for my pinky! But he was apparently in there a while.

He's doing fine, though! I thoroughly checked him. Not a single scratch on him, and he's as active as ever! I brought the new betta home, and will be transferring him into my 29 gallon tonight after catching and removing all the guppies.

Today, when I got into the office, I was thrilled to see that Aries had been a busy guy last night! ^__^

He has been hard at work building his first bubble nest! That isn't even all of it, either. There is a bubble nest in two of the tank's corners, and a trail leading across the whole front of the tank! :D I'm so happy to see that he's happy and healthy enough in his new tank to be making nests already!!

Edit: Also, his color has changed a lot!! He went from being a pale teal to a rich, dark blue! :D He's brightened up SO much since settling in his new home!
    Journal

Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

:D Another shot of the bigger nest!
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Wow - what a relief huh? Glad to hear Aries is safe & sound.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp
    Wow - what a relief huh? Glad to hear Aries is safe & sound.
    Big time! I had been having a horrible couple of days the night before I set the tank up, so him going "missing" was the icing on the cake. Everyone in the office thought it was hilarious, but I was fighting back tears the whole time.

Now, I can laugh about it. :)
    Journal

Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

I just realized that I never posted a picture of the tank after adding more plants! :)
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't you find the substrate leeched ammonia massively after adding it to your tank? Or is this older stuff that's already been soaked?

Tank looks great by the way. Looking forward to seeing it grown in.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~
    Didn't you find the substrate leeched ammonia massively after adding it to your tank? Or is this older stuff that's already been soaked?

Tank looks great by the way. Looking forward to seeing it grown in.
    Thanks!

This substrate was taken out of a 5 gallon betta tank I had set up originally. I took that tank down and sold it to a friend, then rinsed the substrate out and put it in this tank instead!
    Journal

Journal