· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

Default Lo's 55 Gallon Office Aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    Lo's 55 Gallon Office Aquarium

Tank Specs:
    • Size: 55 US Gallons
    • Dimentions: 48(L) x 13(D) x 21(H)

Equiptment:
    • Heater: 2 Hydor THEO Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W
    • Filter: AquaClear50(200) for cycling, plus a canister. Maybe a Rena XP3?
    • Lighting: Undecided.

Plants:
    • Background: Undecided
    • Midground: Undecided
    • Foreground: Anubias and dwarf hairgrass(200)

Other:
    • Substrate: Eco-Complete
    • Decorations: Natural driftwood

Fish Plan:
    SUGGESTIONS WELCOME
    So far this list is really tentative. I know I want a few schools and my father is really enamored with Angels. Other than that...
    • Schooling: Suggestions??
    • Algae Eaters: Bristlenose OR Starry night pleco
    • Centerpiece: A pair of angels
    Last edited by Lolita; 11-12-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Finally getting this project started!!! :D

This weekend, I painted the stand and tank (trim and the back) all black with Krylon Fusion Satin.

It took like 6 coats but it's finally done! :)

The Before:

The After:

As you can see, the inside of the tank is still filthy...lol... I'm going to give it a good rinse with hot water. It's just dirt, dust and dried water spots really. It was sitting out on our porch for a while.

I'm going to buy a full black wooden cover for it, and I need to decide on lighting and stuff. I'm bringing it to the office tomorrow, hopefully. :) Time to decide on stocking...
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    The stand and tank look good. As for your heater is that two 300w units?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

Yeah that's what I was thinking... I have two 150's in my 29 gallon--one on each side for uniformity. It keeps the temperature perfect and they're hidden by plants.

Do you think 300 is too much? I was originally thinking about two 200's...but lately I keep finding that heaters don't keep the water as warm as they say they do. (I've gone through 3 heaters already on my 5 gallon tank because somehow none of them could keep the water warm, even though they were suggested for 10-20 gallons.)
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah that is way too much. I ran 2 150 visitherm stealths (when they were not on recall) along the rear bottom of the tank placed horizontally just above the substrate line under the filter intakes. I ran an emporer 400 HOB and an Eheim 2217 canister. The temp never fluctuated one bit.
    You could go with 2X 200w units but I wouldn't go with anymore then that.
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 11-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Good job on the paint! You made retro look modern. Your so luck you get to have a fish tank in your office. I got shot down on a desktop nano by my manager oh well.
    Roll the Dice!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    Yeah that is way too much. I ran 2 150 visitherm stealths (when they were not on recall) along the rear bottom of the tank placed horizontally just above the substrate line under the filter intakes. I ran an emporer 400 HOB and an Eheim 2217 canister. The temp never fluctuated one bit.
    Okay good to know. Maybe I'm just having bad luck with heaters and it's making me paranoid lol. I had one actually just..not work. The light was on but the tank temperature dropped to 58 degrees!

So I bought a theo 50 watt for the 5 gallon and it's been holding steady at 79 degrees perfectly since Halloween (when I put it in.)

I'll drop it down to two 150's then. :D
    Journal

Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogi
    Good job on the paint! You made retro look modern. Your so luck you get to have a fish tank in your office. I got shot down on a desktop nano by my manager oh well.
    Thank you!

All the furniture in my office is mahogany... so the Oak would have looked terrible, but it's veneer, nor wood--so I couldn't stain it.

:D Lucky for me, I work for my father... and the tank was a Christmas present I gave to him three years ago. He loves my tank at home and he's really, really excited for this tank to be set up. So is his partner (who used to keep fish) and my co-workers. It should be a fun project for me! :D

I also have a fluval Chi with a betta in my office, sitting behind my desk! ^__^
    Journal

Journal

0 Not allowed!
    You could go with 2X 200w but I would not go any more than that. With the 150's your at over 5 watts per gallon. With the 200w's your at over 7w per. It's always good to have a spare just in case one fails.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs99dime
    You could go with 2X 200w but I would not go any more than that. With the 150's your at over 5 watts per gallon. With the 200w's your at over 7w per. It's always good to have a spare just in case one fails.
    Okay. I may go with the 200's then just to be on the safe side. It's always cold in here haha.
    Journal

Journal