· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default bought some angelfish

0 Not allowed!
    Went to a fish auction this past Sunday. Only meant to sell a few items and not buy anything, but if you ever been to an auction you know that never works out. Managed to unload a bunch of my discus fry before the auction started so stuck around for a bit. Bought a few bags of plants and then a bag of angelfish for some reason. One of those impulse bids, you buy something and wonder why you did. The price was right though less than a dollar each. Never kept them before should be interesting to watch them grow out.

The bag was labelled Veiled angelfish other than that don't know much about them. Will leave them in a quarantine tank for a few weeks. They are about 1-2" in size. Will set up a 30g for them once out of quarantine.

This was taken just after taking them out of the bag. They have colored a bit more since then.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yikes, I suggest you research them. They get very aggressive after they pair off... you may be lucky enough to get a couple pairs but they cannot all stay in the same tank. Also, that tank's a little small for a grown pair.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that a 30 gallon is about the most you can have for a single pair. I would definitely rehome the others maybe even all but 1 or upgrade to a much larger tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurescriber
    Yikes, I suggest you research them. They get very aggressive after they pair off... you may be lucky enough to get a couple pairs but they cannot all stay in the same tank. Also, that tank's a little small for a grown pair.
    Oh I plan to move them into larger tanks as they grow, know to watch for aggression. Juggling tanks at the moment have all my big tanks full of discus fry batches. Only plan to keep one pair, rest will get traded away.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The dorsals on two of those are really in a bad way being bent back that way. Try to not pair those two as you will possibly get a malformed fry from those. Look like a gold type, perhaps a sunset strain of gold. Same deal as the Discus without all of the water insanity and the feeding off of the parents.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Woods Angels
    The dorsals on two of those are really in a bad way being bent back that way. Try to not pair those two as you will possibly get a malformed fry from those. Look like a gold type, perhaps a sunset strain of gold. Same deal as the Discus without all of the water insanity and the feeding off of the parents.
    You know after I read your post I went and took a look at them, you're absolutely right about the dorsals on those two. The rest look ok, will see how they grow.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They look like they have the potential to have a very nice gold coloring on them when they de stress and grow!

Not sure how quick angels grow but it'd be exciting to see their transformation.

0 Not allowed!
    Ended up giving them away to someone in my local fish club. Figured if I'm going to be keeping angelfish for the first time, I wanted to do it right and start off with a good line. Will be getting some philippine blue angelfish from someone in a few weeks time. At the moment they are dime sized, going to wait till they get a bit larger before I buy them.