· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    First that's a really neat hybrid! Glad your keeping them I def would keep fish that unique and pretty.

But I must be missing something here lol. I own a Labidochromis caeruleus "Chadagha". It looks like this:

Is yours another breed of cichlid that also shares the name Chadagha? He looks much like an type of OB Zebra to me...
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

0 Not allowed!
    What you have there, is a White Lab, from the Chadagha area. An easy way of picking a species of Labeotropheus trewavasae (Chadagha) is the rounded nose, and of course the very different colours. And they're much bigger.

Map of Lake Malawi. You'll notice on the map that Lions Cove, which is where a lot of the Labs are found, is not that far away from Chadagha. So they've probably caught the F0s from around that area and bred the F1s and F2s, from which your fish originated from. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/article...malawi_map.php
    Last edited by escamosa; 09-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    See that's what drives me crazy about mbuna names, its had to tell the actual name from the location lol. I didn't realize that there where any blotchy mbuna that weren't hybrids, that's pretty cool. I see fish like that at the big lfs labeled as OB's all the time, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they where wrong.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, and I dont actually have that type of lab anyway, I forgot when I ordered them they where out of white labs and I got a Labidochromis chisumulae instead. He just ins't showing his bands much yet so I forgot lol.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, they're a beautiful little cichlid! Only grow to about 4" max too! Given the choice, I would go with those, over the white labs! Good score!
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice fish... and I don't see any problems with them being hybrids... that is after all how evolution works (sometimes).

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Some good things do come out of accidents!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Chris i like the kooks of your Hybrids, Chad is a Beautiful looking fish Maybe you could start your own strain of mbunas like they have done with Discus? You never know, maybe you could be to African Cichlids as Jack Wattley is to the Discus

0 Not allowed!
    Hahaha, thanks Dick! Chad's great! I never see any others like him around here. I had a pair, but unfortunately I lost my female. I'm waiting for the hybrids to mature to see if more of the chadagha colours come out in them. At the moment, it seems as though the Yellow Lab colouring is really dominant. It'd be great if a market for them started though! They have a bit of character about them!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They look cool to me

I can't wait for the pitter patter of tiny "fry" in my tank.