· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Black Kuhli Loaches

0 Not allowed!
    ok sorry i posted this in the wrong section before haha (sorry im a newbie) anyways sometimes i will go to petsmart and ocasionally buy a fish or two ( i normally purchase from a specialty fish store but as i said once in a while from petsmart the thing is ive wanted a black kuhli loach the thing is is I go in petsmart see them and leave, then i go back maybe a day or two later and most of them are dead. do you think its something wrong with petsmart filtration/water or are they just a weak fish in general ?

ignore my grammer/punctuation (if there is any) im in a rush haha ;D
    Derek

0 Not allowed!
    In my particular petshop I think most of theirs die of stress. They provide basically NO hiding places for them. The 9 that I have are nice and healthy. You'll get different opinions on them being hardy though. Some people say they are, others don't. The only thing I've found is that they are extremely sensitive to ammonia, (which isn't really surprising).
    130g: 7 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian, 12 Neon Tetras, 14 Serpae Tetras, 9 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora ? Ghost Shrimp
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are IME a VERY hardy fish, surprisingly so for a bottom feeder. Petsmart houses them with all those other sick fish in confined areas and they are constantly lifting up their hiding spots and digging through gravel... Stress probably gets to them fast.

I got all of mine from Petsmart. Ive found you just have to get em, rush em home, and put them in a nice quarantine with hiding places and dont bug them except to feed for a few weeks at least. I dont suggest gravel though, or you will never get them back out of that tank...
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default What is their temperature range?

0 Not allowed!
    I had two in my Rainbow tank and bought another, they all are now in my quarantine tank.

They are hiding on the surface there, but seem fine. They go zooming around a lot.Thinking of putting them in a black sand aquarium.

Also bought mine at PetSmart.

Any chance at all I could put them with my black Oranda goldfish?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To be honest im not sure you can put them with goldfish because of the temperature difference Goldfish are coldwater fish :L
    Derek

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know - boo hoo :(

0 Not allowed!
    You can not mix tropicals and coldwater.

They are simply not equiped to deal with the cool waters. They may last a week or so and then die or get ich, which will spread to your other fish.